Core not visible to Roon Endpoints

I have seen exactly the same symptoms as Mr. Kaplan described. Core is not visible to Roon Endpoints. Restarted Roon Core and CPU is maxed out on the Roon app. Running Roon on Mac Mini 2012 16GB RAM. Very bummed at present…

Also I have not changed anything on the Mac Mini running the Core in probably 2 years, other than Roon updates. That Mini’s job is only to run Roon and that is it…

Upon further investigation, the Mac Mini seems to have lost the ability to get an IP address via ethernet connection, therefore it has no internet connection. Could be a problem with my switch or router…resetting PRAM did nothing…

Several hours later…

I have determined that my problem was not Roon related, but Roon did a good job of pointing out there was a problem :wink:

I have either a bad ethernet wall jack or a bad port on my main switch. Either way, Roon is working again. Still need to sort out the exact problem, but I have the Roon Mini bypassing all suspect pieces and it’s all good! Sorry for the Roon false alarm :frowning:

2 Likes

Hi @Rick_Walton,

Happy to hear you could use Roon as a network troubleshooting tool :slight_smile: . Do let us know if you have any further issues in Roon and if there’s anything we can do to assist.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.