Cost no object Roon Ready network bridge

Take a look at Innuos!
I have the Zen-model, and it holds a Roon Core as well as acting as an endpoint.
And it sounds terrific :grin::raised_hands:

You could also drive the fibre SFP module via A side of EtherREGEN using the B side as input. I have a friend using this way for his OR and USB out Denafrips Terminator.

I would also suggest the Sonore Signature Rendu SE Optical. I owned both the Sonore Signature Rendu SE Optical and the Auralic Aries G1 at the same time so I could A/B them. I had decided I would keep the unit that sounded the best. After about a month I sold Auralic Aries G1 even though I like the G1’s build quality, aesthetics and features better than the Sonore but the Sonore just edged the G1 out in SQ and that’s what matters. If budget was no issue I would consider the Auralic Aries G2 or the Lumin X1.

1 Like

Sorry for adding my own question - but there was so much experience in this tread! :slight_smile:
I today use a Auralic Aries with a AES cable to my old Purcell/Elgar plus combo. Does anybody in here se any use of changing to optcal over AES - and the follow up is - if I have no USB input in my DAC - what of the above recomended bridges could you see me gaining from?

Hello,
Lindemann Limetree Bridge is a great device, not too expensive.

2 Likes

AES is usually better.

dCS Vivaldi Upconverter . It was great to begin with . Got even better with the Series 2 , hardware/software upgrade and dCS has I believe the ultimate refinement of MQA . If you haven’t heard dCS’ implementation of MQA , you haven’t heard MQA . Among other pieces , I have the Aurender W20 SE . This is an awesome piece of equipment particularly when synced through the dCS Clock . I would also recommend using JCAT’s USB and ethernet cables and filters . Expensive but well worth it in comparison to other equally expensive options . I’m really good at cost no object recommendations ; cost/benefit balancing , not so much .

1 Like

Can’t disagree with the quality, as I have one, but the OP asked for a bridge with USB out, which rules out for the Vivaldi and the dCS Network Bridge.

Or you may use an SFP slot of your existing switch is is a lot better than using UTP Cables.

The latest Signature Rendu sounds much than the Aries G2 to me, but that’s in my system.

The X1 has a dac I believe and the Op his happy with his current dac.

I second that

Yes but what a combo :blush: