Could not load Roon on new Surface Pro 7

Just tried loading Roon on my new Surface pro 7. Got the message “There was an issue loading your database”.
Roon now no-longer works on my other devices either (iPhone & Surface Pro 3)
Roon Core is an Antipodes D2 Music Server running software version 2.7.
No issues using Roon prior to attempting to load onto new laptop today

Hello and welcome to the forum.

I’ve moved your topic to the Support category of the forum, where it will be seen, and responded to, by a member of the Support team.

When you say that Roon no longer works on your other devices either, can you describe the nature of the issue in more detail to help the Support team diagnose it?

I assume that when installing Roon on the Surface Pro 7, you tried to connect to the Core running on your Antipodes D2 Music Server, and that’s when you got the error message about loading the database?

Hi Geoff, thanks for that.

No, I didn’t get the option to connect to the core. Roon simply didn’t load. I got the error message after I initiated the exe file and before Roon had fully loaded onto the laptop. Then when I looked at my phone and my old laptop, all I could see was the same error message…so Roon was unavailable on all devices.

However, when I tried again later in the day Roon started up. BUT – now when I go into my playlists lots of tracks (maybe 40-50% ?) are showing as “unavailable”. It’s very weird. These are playlists that I use all the time. There are tracks showing as “unavailable” that I know are on my hard drive on the Antipodes DX and when I go to Spotify they play just fine.

I am a bit confused.

Thanks,

Gerard

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Roon not loading on new laptop

So was your intention to move your core to the surface pro or just use it as a remote?

Just want to use it as a remote as it will be my primary laptop. All I was doing was downloading Roon remote to the laptop.
My music listening is primarily done at home via my stereo system which has a dedicated Roon Ready music server used as the Roon Core.

Closing this topic as there is another one in Support for it