Countdown clock to Roon 1.8 launch

De acuerdo.

You got that right!

They have told you more than once that you donā€™t have to update. Roon 1.7 will continue to work, until it doesnā€™t. Roon will not intentionally disable Roon 1.7.

For the rest of us, we need to wait for the IOS and Android apps to update if we use those as control devices.

1 Like

They did nor order, they suggested. Itā€™s up to you to update or not, but as Roon software needs to integrate with any changes they make to APIs, databases and everything else that is in the background allowing us to experience all this, refusing to update may cause you to have compatibility issues. And then, there is this little thing called the End User Agreement, which you agree to by using their service. It basically gives them the right to make any changes, mandating updates they think are needed, as long as you use their service.

Do you also have the champagne ready for that magical moment? Itā€™s kind of like New Years Eve, when weā€™re all waiting for the ball to drop, except here, we donā€™t know exactly when Midnight is. But when it happens, Iā€™m gonna ā€œCelebrate, Celebrate, dance to the musicā€.

Yup! Iā€™m dangerously close to opening it now but donā€™t want to be half in the bag once itā€™s released

Oh thatā€™s allready half empty :woozy_face:

p.s. I have got the latest beta version for sale if anyone is interested
$500,- itā€™s yours, but then youā€™ll be the first :smiling_imp:

You were supposed to have bought a full case of the bubbly!!

:joy: I just had a BluOS update on my iPad lolā€¦ Made me jumpā€¦ :joy:

1 Like

Itā€™s broken! It says zero and nothing has happened :sob:

2 Likes

2 Likes

It might as well rain until September.

:frowning:

Iā€™ve just been informed that Iā€™m a loser with so little meaning and fulfillment in my miserable life that waiting for a new software release is a laughable highlight of said meaningless existence. And I donā€™t recall insulting anyone, today atleast.

4 Likes

The old adage in the UK is ā€˜A watched Kettle Never Boilsā€™ā€¦ Unfortunately I have nothing else to do :joy:

2 Likes

Youā€™re got company, buddy

1 Like

Me too :rofl:

2 Likes

And, if anyone is so ultra-sensitive that they were insulted by anything you said, 'GET OVER IT!". And if this insults anyone, oh well.

1 Like

I was always taught not to worry about things that havenā€™t even happened yetā€¦

Of course if we are waiting on Apple itā€™s not 9am in Cupertino for quite a while. :grin: