Countdown clock to Roon 1.8 launch

a Client upgrade (iOS / Android) is different than core/server upgrade.
I would expect that Roon Core and server components get updates to 1.8 independently from the IOS and Android apps.
However Roonlabs should know when the core and server components get the updates, as they manage that process.

1 Like

Precisely. Because if you don’t, you will be unable to use Roon unless you have a Windows 10 control device.

I’m starting to question the maturity of some of the users here, aren’t we all grown ups? How can one be so impatient and have their life revolve around a software update? Get some sleep

11 Likes

In this case, it might be logical to deploy Core and Server updates after Play and iOS app updates have dropped.

You would think Santa Claus is coming.

2 Likes

What was the last time you’ve got excited about something you passionately love?
Even grown-ups can still feel excited… we are all humans…

2 Likes

Does he exist? Whihooo!

Being a service available worldwide, there are people that cannot just sleep on-demand during working hours.
Also being a service available to all ages, it would be nice to treat everyone the same.

1 Like

At least it’s not like when I worked at Lowe’s. We were promised a brand new software program shortly, and I think it was six years later before we actually saw it. So, if 1.8 comes today, tomorrow, the day after, it doesn’t matter. Just so long it doesn’t get draggggggggggggggggged out.

The last major release was in the end of 2019… remember?

I agree, but then better to set expectations.
Google and Apple, can decide to release the client apps next week, or not at all.

2 Likes

Personally, a lot of my life is revolving around this update. Music is a big part of my life especially with not much to do in lockdown and Roon 1.7 is almost unusable with search taking nearly a minute at times and loading albums and artists taking equally long.

3 Likes

I think it is rather amusing, especially if you realize that a handfull of these impatient people are going to be dissapointed when they don’t like something about the new upgrade and can’t go back. I’m only checking in to see the first Roon 1.8 feedback topic 0.00001 seconds after the official release with claims of better/worse sound quality, with complaints about the colours, about functions not working, about endpoints not being rcognized etc etc.

9 Likes

I’m sure you purposefully ignored the actual point I was trying to make and chose to be pedantic even though it was clearly a play on words.

Is he , was that in a thread I missed :mrs_claus:

I was thinking exactly the same, but refused to write it.

1 Like

And I am asking, why is Roon giving me such “orders”… what if I can not or simply don’t want to do it?
I gave them my money for a whole year, and I hope it will work for a year, not “ruining” what I actually have.

Oh, the complaining allready started. I didn’t even have time to get the popcorn

5 Likes

You nailed it. Imagine if the release date, which was to my knowledge never officially stated through Roon before reviews and articles released, wasn’t actually leaked through the aforementioned.

What if the update only came out at the end of the month? What have these people been doing for the last couple of days… weeks… months.

I’m just as excited as the next user, however I think the way a lot of people on here are behaving is completely inappropriate in context of the situation. No one here is (hopefully) starving to death or experiencing any other kind of real world problems.

People are doing mental gymnastics trying to justify their behavior, but I’ll stop commenting on this issue from now on and simply ignore said users and thus posts.

1 Like

A bit of fun in these days, I think everyone deserves it.