Countdown clock to Roon 1.8 launch

Sorry if this has been asked: the 1.8 is an update for the ‘clients’ only or also for the servers? I am running Roon core on a Synology NAS to which I connect using a Macbook.

I suppose I will replace de app with the new one on the macbook but what about the Synology core? Does that need to be updated too?

Of course. But I would imagine quite a few of us would appreciate a notification of start times and likely progression of the updates, having been bombarded by emails for days.

1 Like

The wait is killing me!

2 Likes

All this thread is doing is confirming why Roon like to keep these things secret :wink:
Having said that… I’m checking ever 5 mins too :rofl:

3 Likes

The woman who, for all intents and purposes, launched Eva Cassidy to posthumous international prominence

1 Like

It’s for both as they work together. Core + remotes will be updated to 1.8.

Wait, what if it’s February 9 of 2022, or 2023, or…???

But how do we update the core? Does that need a new SPK from the Synology package developer?

In case y’all missed it, Roon suggests that you update all iOS and Android remotes before updating your core.

3 Likes

Just go to settings and about… If the update is available, it will be obvious

2 Likes

1.7 IOS and Android will not work with Roon 1.8 core.
1.8 IOS and Android will not work with Roon 1.7 core.

2 Likes

Clear as a bell.

Te ponen el caramelo en la boca durante días. Cinco correos para deleitarnos y cuando llega el día señalado no sabemos nada de nada. Ni la hora ni el momento. No me parece correcto. Deberían haber informado de la hora de lanzamiento y así en cada país sabríamos cuándo descargar la nueva y ansiada actualización.
Tendremos que armarnos de paciencia durante el día de hoy.
Roon nos podría decir algo y así dejaríamos de mirar si hay actualización cada cinco minutos.

Translated:

They put the candy in your mouth for days. Five emails to delight us and when the appointed day arrives we do not know anything at all. Neither the hour nor the moment. It does not seem right. They should have informed the launch time and thus in each country we would know when to download the new and long-awaited update.
We will have to arm ourselves with patience today.
Roon could tell us something so we would stop looking for updates every five minutes.

1 Like

Not 100% true, they ARE in control of this page:

Only iOS needs to go through the Apple Store. For Android you can always install the .apk supplied by Roon on this page.

But in fact they can’t. Not an apology or an excuse, just a fact. They are dependent on others (Apple, Google) who are far larger and are not particularly interested in Roon, let alone it’s users.

1 Like

Complaining doesn’t help. Complaining in Spanish helps even less. Not using a translator for your post is infinitely unhelpful.

1 Like

Its not 9am in New York quite yet.

1 Like

That may be, but yesterday I read on the Roon site, somewhere, that they officially (not a forum poster) suggested going to the android or iOS store and update the remotes before updating the core.

1 Like

No, just 7.21… so a small 2 hours :slight_smile: