Cover Art disappears when adding more images

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

QNAP NAS. Latest Roon build

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Wired cat 5 e

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Meridian and Bluesound I pad pro control

Description Of Issue
I added a bootleg album with chosen cover art. All fine. I then added two more pictures and the cover art disappeared from the main window unless I select the grey window, then the art appears. See pics

Everything else plays perfectly. Roon even recognised the song titles, added composers and found other versions.

I have re booted the core and re scanned the album a few times.

Hi @Chrislayeruk,

How did you add the art for this album?

Are you seeing the same behavior after a reboot of the Core machine?

I put the image in the album folder and it was fine until I added two more to browse through.
Yes, I did re boot the core on my QNAP.

Thanks for looking into it.

Have you re-launched the iPad app, and/or changed the image cache setting? I’ve seen this once, but restarting the app made it pickup the new artwork.

Thanks for the idea but I have closed and re opened the app a few times. Still no art unless I press the grey screen.

Clutching at straws: the new pics aren’t massively huge, in either file size or pixel count? Have you tried resizing to under 1440x900 ish?

1 Like

Hi @Chrislayeruk,

Can you share this album with us, including the artwork?

Ideally, you can zip up the entire folder and send me a private message containing a shared dropbox link. If you don’t have Dropbox or need another way to send the media, just let me know.

I’ll see what I can do

@Chrislayeruk “You can re-scan your music for changes to file tags and embedded artwork, which will also scan for cover art saved in the same folder as the album.”

https://kb.roonlabs.com/Metadata_updates

Thanks, I have done all that already. I will try again otherwise I’ll send the file off as requested. 9f I can work out how to do that.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.