Crackle Sounds From Bluesound Node Si

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Macbook Pro Mid 2019
OS Catalina 10.15.7
2.3 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9
16GB 2667 MHz DDR4

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
WiFi through Verizon @ 600mbps download.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Bluesound Node 2i.

Description Of Issue
Crackling sound on all tracks from all streaming services and files on hard drive.

Playing same files through the Bluesound app, BlueOS does not produce crackles.

Playing same files directly from computer through Itunes does not produce crackles.

Help please and thanks.

Hi @Gary_Herman,

Welcome to the forum and thank you for your patience here while your case has reached my queue. I have the following questions:

1. Can you please confirm if you experience any issue through the System Output zone on your Macbook?

2. Are you using the latest firmware version on your Node 2i?

1. Is there any change in behavior if you try to temporarily connect via Ethernet?

Please let me know when possible, thanks!

You may also want to try to turn on headroom management under the DSP options in case your system is clipping and see if that resolves anything. This could be an issue if you are using any EQ and not offsetting peaks with a gain reduction.

1 Like

Hi Gary,

I had the same issue with my blue node 2, 10 days ago with the 3.12.2 release for the bluos players. (now we are at 3.12.6)
I contact the bluos support crew and had this answer:

Oct 27, 2020, 1:10 PM EDT

Hello Guy​​,

Thank you for contacting Bluesound​ Support.

No changes were made to the ROON functionality of the Bluesound players in the recent updates.

If you find playback via the BluOS app is working well, it may be a temporary network-communication hiccup. In the past, I have seen the following steps resolve this sort of via-ROON-playback issue:

• Please power down your players and any other network-attached devices. (Laptops, tablets and smartphones you can simply put in Airplane Mode).
  • Unplug your router for 30 seconds then plug it back in
  • Wait 5 minutes
  • Start powering up all your Players and network devices.
  • Reconnect your tablets and laptops
  • Relaunch the BluOS app to test that everything is back up and operational
  • Test with ROON

This will reset your network router’s cached addresses.

Hope this helps! I will be putting this request into Solved in the meantime to prevent our system from sending you repeated emails, so if you have any follow-ups please feel free to reply to this email and let us know.

Wishing you well,
Sam R.,
Support Crew Analyst

You need to follow very carefully all the steps, i have done it 2 times and the sound from Roon is much better even if there was still few crackles in some tracks.
To resolve that last issue i have disconnected all connection from the Blue Node 2 and leave it during 12 hours. After i had no more crackle at all.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.