Since a few days I am having serious trouble with Roon. First Roon was fine with most windows, but crashed on “home”. Today the Roon client started crashing immediately. Once it briefly showed a message about database update, but this disappeared again and crashed.
Roon Version: modified 29th January.
Server version: modified 3rd February.
Today’s story: When I started up Roon on my MBP it mentioned that it will update its database. It finished after a surprisingly short time and showed the home screen.
Then I checked something in settings and when I clicked home again to ply some music, it crashed again and had to be force quit.
Two years ago I wrote an eulogy for Roon praising it’s flawless working. The situation, however, has changed to the worse and in my experience is now at a very low point where even support rarely chimes in to help.
Adding new functionalities without securing flawless working is a pain in the neck for the early adopters.
Regarding #wizardofoz’s pointing to removing the database: I don’t think that makes a lot of sense, because the core Roonserver works if addressed from the remote iPad.
the remote also has a database and removing it will reset the installation… dont touch the RoonServer directory just the Roon one - assuming they are on the same machine. Just the highlighted one below in my screen grab