Creating two zones with one setup

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

MacBook Air (11-inch, Mid 2011), Processor 1,6 Ghz Intel core I5, Memory 2go 1333 MHz DDR3 (I don’t meet Roon requirement, but it is working fine for now. I’ll change computer later). Roon Version 1.6 (Build 416) stable (64bit).

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

I have a Thompson modem with Asus AC1900 rooter (15Mbit/s).

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

The MBA is connected by USB to a Hegel HD25 dac and then to Hegel H160 amp with Focal aria 948.

Description Of Issue

Hello everyone,

I hope you guys are doing well.

I am new to all this and only have a minimum understanding of computers and programs (my mother tongue is French, so please forgive me for the errors or unclarity). I only have one zone (Hegel/Focal) for the moment. But with the wife and kid, I sometimes use my headphones (Hifiman 400i) and plug it into the Hegel amp.

My question is as follow : Is it possible to configure Hegel/Focal DSP Engine and make another “zone” with the same amp but with headphones filters ? Or do I have each time to Bypass all filters ? In other words, can I have a setup for my Hegel/Focal and an other setup with Hegel/Hifiman by just “switching zones” ?

Thank you very much for your time and help.

Jean-François

Welcome to the forum, Jean-François!

Unfortunately, this isn’t possible. You’ll have to enable the filter when using your headphones or use the bypass switch.

Thank you very much for your answer. I’ll try to bypass filters every time before my wife put music on speakers, haha! I wish you an excellent day.

1 Like

Hi @JFP418,

Welcome to the forum! As @Martin_Webster noted, you can’t make a separate “zone” but what you can do is create a preset for DSP. More info regarding DSP can be found here, but essentially you create the DSP preset and then save it. Depending on which filter(s) you want active, you can easily switch between these presets. Hope this helps!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.