Custom speaker icons - or, alternatively, setting up zones - I'm confused

Hi,

I have various speakers connected to Roon - many are from Bowers & Wilkins or Naim and, being Roon-Ready, they have their specific icons which is great.

However, I have a few other speakers attached (say, an Apple HomePod etc) which don’t have a specific icon - just a generic speaker icon.

It’d be great if either I could add my own drawing to complement the Roon-Ready icons or, alternatively, if that’s not possible, if I could put a zone icon for the specific room.

However, I’m finding it very difficult understand zones - the help pages talk about zones and how to transfer/group etc. But the ‘zones settings’ page in the Roon Help is depreciated and I simply don’t understand

1. how to set up Roon Zones
  2. how then to change the icons

All thoughts/help gratefully received. Edward

You can’t add your own Zone icon into Roon, but you can edit the generic speaker icon and choose from a bunch of other icons…

And you access this Zone Settings screen by first clicking on the speaker icon of the current Zone displaying in the Playbar, and then clicking on the gearwheel icon to get to Zone Settings:

1 Like

Thanks Geoff - it was the zone setting step that I missed. I now realise you can right-click the speaker in the player and that brings the mini-menu including zone settings. It’s perhaps worth having this added to the Zone help page…?

It’s frustrating that it’s not possible to change the speaker icons. I wonder if this is something that could be added into the development pathway?

I’m sure there are lots of Roon owners who would both like this feature and also be willing to create/share icons that match the other Roon-Ready icons to create something cohesive. I’d be happy to for one.

Edward

You might want to vote for this Feature Suggestion:

2 Likes