Customizable colors [not on roadmap]

Not sure exactly what your question is but for Roon, which I use every day, the look is very important.

For casual sites, not so much

dark on phone, light on tablet/computer… because I sometimes use phones in dark environments.

2 Likes

:rofl:
——————

Shhh! I can feel Roonies all over the world exclaiming that themes are no laughing matter.

I’m comparing the iPhone app to the Android Phone app and they’re very nearly identical. The phone app design, which is portrait mode only, makes much better use of the available screen real estate. I find the phone apps to be far more coherent and intuitive for selecting music and controlling playback, but maybe not so much for the ‘searchable, surfable magazine’ experience.

Like I said, its not the message, its the messenger.

For me, we have light and dark [period]…don’t like it vote with your wallet.

Reminds me of the time I had to go to extremes to get JRiver to implement WASAPI for Windoz. Yep, JRiver had asio and kernel streaming and figured they were set. I had to damn near write a thesis to get them to add wasapi. They finally did it, but from that point on turned down every suggestion I had no matter what. They said no to a Linux version and absolutely no to a Apple version. Even though Apple users are happy to pay a premium for a premium product and the Windoz market was full free players. Of course, we know JRiver now has an offering for Apple and Linux.

Perhaps I should ask for what I don’t want instead and what doesn’t make sense.

Yeah a high contrast third theme is a great idea, even though…