Customized Multi-Disc or Box Set Management

Since many box sets aren’t just collections of the original individually released albums, but also contain alternate versions of the originals and collections of unreleased songs and single B-sides, I would like to see a way to name the individual discs in a box set other than Disc 1 | Disc2 | Disc 3, etc. For example, the Jethro Tull compilation - “20 Years Of Jethro Tull: The Definitive Collection” has 3 individually named discs, and slightly different album art for each. So I would like to see: The Radio Archives And Rare Tracks | Flawed Gems And The Other Side Of Tull | The Essential Tull instead of Disc 1 | Disc 2 | Disc 3.

If that’s not possible due to UI constraints, then if different album art is provided for each disc, maybe Roon could pick up the art from the ID3 tags or images in the disc folder and then change the album art that is displayed as each disc is selected in turn. Like so:

Becomes:

And I would probably like to see the box set cover art in the album and artist lists. Of course, this method is not to everyone’s liking, so the whole thing would have to be user-selectable.

EDIT: CA had the same idea here:

4 Likes