D300 shows as the active device yet “nothing playing”

Hi Noris, nice to meet you and we certainly all do appreciate your support and expertise!
I have been using Roon on my Imac as core connected to my Astell Kern Headphone DAC/AMP with no issues…

NOW :slight_smile: I went out and purchased
Soundaware D300
Denafrips Pontus II
Denafrips Artemis

I have the D300 connected from Imac USD
Hardcore D300 to router, same as Imac

D300 is Roon ready however, I am struggling to connect as music source.

I keep iMac as Roon Core correct?

I see My D300 as an available audio device in the audio tab
When I enable it, my music playlists, albums etc are NOT available for this audio device.

The D300 shows as the active device on the bottom of my Roon page yet “nothing playing” and no accesss to music

Help me brother :slight_smile:

Great appreciation!

As Roon Ready, you are connecting the.D300 via ethernet correct?

Hi Rugby, yes I have the D300 connected by Ethernet to my router in addition the D300 is connected to my Imac Core via USB cable.
Core is seeing the D300 however when I select this device D300 in audio section, it does connect although cannot access my music collection primarily albums and playlists from my Tidal connection in Roon

Try using the D300 with only the Ethernet connected.

1 Like

Hi Daniel, I will give that a try.
I purchased this along with the Denafrips headphone amp and DAC and Alvin at Vinshineaudio had instructed the two connections.
Are you suggesting wireless connection to my Imac core?

Hey @frank_merkley,

Thanks for creating your post about your setup to get it to work with Roon. I’m sorry about the trouble and for our delay in getting back to you :pleading_face: .

Did @Rugby’s suggestion work? Can we do anything to help?

hi Rebeka, i am up and running and enjoying great sounding music!!! thank you all!!

1 Like

What great news, @frank_merkley! Thanks for sharing and thanks again to @Rugby for the solution :grin:

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.