DAC Configuration

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Nucleus.
iPad Pro is connected to the core and works fine.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Linksys Router Hard wired to the Nucleus.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
MyDac ll.

Description Of Issue
The issue I am having is configuring My Dac ll Made by musicalsurroundings.com

The MyDac ll is not listed in your third-party devices, so I’m looking for help to configure through a USB type A connector into the Nucleus and the other end of that USB cable is plugged into the DAC.

Hi @Robert_Hyttenhove,

Even for devices that aren’t Roon Tested, they should still work in most cases (so long as the device has Linux support). What kind of issues are you having with configuring this device? Is it seen at all?

Found a manual for this thing - https://www.manualslib.com/manual/863428/Musical-Surroundings-Mydac-Ii.html#manual

Doesnt say much about USB (drivers etc). TBH from various descriptions/reviews etc, I think the only sensible way to use this is via a separate modern class compliant USB to SPDIF adapter particular as one review suggests the SQ in USB mode is quite bad and nothing like that in SPDIF mode.

It does seem to have been designed first and foremost as an add-on DAC for CD players that have an SPDIF output with specific design aimed at improving 16bit CD audio sound.

No I don’t get up device icon that indicates that the device is ready but uncertified I get nothing

I now cannot get my Wi-Fi to connect because we were painting your room and I had to tear everything apart

So if you do not have the correct Wi-Fi network connected to the roon that As your router how do you go into the Roon and fix that is there a reset on the room
If not how do you change the network Wi-Fi setting in the roon ???

I also cannot find where you’re supposed to turn on yes for wireless connection I can’t find that in the audio drop-down menu
What menu is that listed in???

As for my Dac ll I do not get an icon that says device is ready but unidentified or uncertified
I get nothing!!!

The devices that are listed in my settings/audio devices icons are IPAD. Nucleous, and something called. NUCLI

I cannot give you a screenshot of these icons because I cannot get the network to connect to the room
Do you have a guide on how to set up a Wi-Fi IP address for your Roon
How do you make sure the Roon is connected to the same network as your router???

Is there just one menu as in the settings or audio devices and about your music

Or is there another menu that I am missing and not going too???

Well I’m pretty convinced that MyDac ll It’s not at all compatible with the new Roon so rodeo had an older version of the Dac And said that it would play on they’ll Roon they have.
But the new Roon Will not connect to the deck Will not connect to the Dac

Although the deck the MyDac ll Has never been certified by Roon as a third-party supplier of Dac’s

SO MOVING ON DO YOR RECOMMEND AN DAC UNIT That are certified with Roon and it is in the $1200 range

Robert Hyttenhove.

No not at all devices showing up in device set up

Right now I can’t get the Roon to connect to my Wi-Fi network I can’t get in and adjusted anything I don’t know where to go in and click on yes to say except wireless devices I have an iPad Pro, Right now I can’t get the Roon to connect to my Wi-Fi network I can’t get in and adjusted anything I don’t know where to go in and click on yes to say except wireless
devices I have an iPad Pro, nucleus, MyDacll

See attached operational manual for MyDac ll

OK I have my iPad Pro connected and I heard music from the Roon service through my app on my iPad Pro

I’ve got Ethernet green light flashing connected to the Roon and the room is connected to the app on my iPad Pro
Only Linksys router for wifi, everything is hardwire on nerwork

My issue is I don’t know if the roon is putting out any music I’m wondering if you could go to my IP address for the Roon 192.168.1.105 And see if everything’s correct in Roon.

I have a USB cable connected to a Dac ll where the Dac ll is set to USB cable(there is a switch just like 1 of 3 modes) Then from the Dac there are RCA plugs on the back of it, Which I plug into my receiver

It appears I am not getting music out of the Roon

I have signed up to both services roon service And Tidal

Note: Note: Can we set up a time when it would be possible for you to look at the room through my IP address 192.168.1.105

Please assist

Robert Hyttenhove

Have you Enabled your DAC in the Roon UI ?

Post a shot of Settings > Audio maybe

1 Like

Perhaps some help for you here

Also roon doesn’t offer connecting to your Core machine to assist with troubleshooting. While the IP Address you posted will not enable anyone to get into your machine it’s better that you remove it anyway.

1 Like

Hello @Robert_Hyttenhove, and welcome to the community! You’ve got some great suggestions here. After you’ve taken a look at the posted article could you please post a screenshot of Settings>Audio? Thanks!

No
No icon in device setup
No device ready but not enabled

Where do you find the setting that allows you to move it to yes allow wireless Devices

Osso how do you get Roon Connected to your Wi-Fi network when you try to click the circle with the vibrating lines does not connect and you put in the old IP address and it still doesn’t connect and I assume there’s no reset button on the Roon so how do you get connected to the network is there a menu that I don’t understand where it is

connected to your Wi-Fi network when you try to click the circle with the vibrating lines does not connect and you put in the old IP address and it still doesn’t connect and I assume there’s no reset button on the Roon so how do you get connected to the network is there a menu that I don’t understand where it is.

The only menu I know Is in the audio section where you click on set up at the bottom then select audio and your device is connected will be displayed is there a different menu that you go to to turn on wireless devices where would that be.

Can I connect Wi-Fi network hardwired to the Roon cannot connect help

Hi @Robert_Hyttenhove,

We’ve merged your two threads into one so that we can have all of the information in one place.
I’m looking over your previous posts and it sounds like this is the current status of the system:

It sounds like you are having an issue connecting to the Nucleus Core from your Roon remotes following the network change? We can take a look at this issue, but I would require some more information to properly advise, can you please let me know:

1. What is the current model and manufacturer of your router? I see you listed a Linksys in the original post, are you still using the same one or did it change since your post?

2. Where is the Nucleus plugged into? Is it direct to the router via Ethernet?

3. Are any of your Roon Remotes able to connect to the Nucleus? If you plug in a laptop via Ethernet to the router, are you able to connect to the Nucleus? If it works via Ethernet but not via WiFi, we would know to look in the direction of WiFi further.

4. What exactly do you see on your screen in the Roon app when the issue occurs? A screenshot of exactly what you’re seeing would be of great help to clarify the issue.

If you are looking for a Roon Tested or Roon Ready DAC, we have a list of the DACs we have certified on our partners page (click on company button to see DAC models):

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.