DAC is USB No ethernet

Roon Core Machine

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

On my original laptop 1.25 GB SSD Roon worked fine until the upgrade from 1.8 to 2.0. It comes up in a box …

[This device is not compatible with Roon 2.0].

So I got my hands on a Intel 5, 4 Gen processor 3.5 mhz, 250 GB SSD, 8 GB RAM, Brand new custom. Well it only works on USB not ethernet. Going ethernet is why I got Roon. So, nether one is working right.

With the laptop 1.8 nowhere to be found.

With the new desktop the settings for my DAC is crazy. I have the best DAC ifi makes ifi Pro iDSD SIGNATURE. Under the Roon DAC manufacture list, iFi shows ½ dozen models, not the best one. Under search it comes up with iFi Pro iDSD, NOT iFi Pro iDSD (SIGNATURE). I think it’s Roon’s job to go to iFi not me.

Ethernet vers USB night and day. I don’t need Roon for USB. Please get ethernet for my new computer or at least get 1.8 for my laptop. I’ve been in your help community forums NOTHING.

YOU Roon please do something.

Thanks again Bob Mills

The [This device is not compatible with Roon 2.0] message on your laptop - you have a Compatibility Mode for an earlier version of Windows set on the roon.exe program - it needs to be turned OFF. See this post:

It’s ifi’s job to integrate Roon’s streaming technology directly into the firmware of their device. If you are talking about the Pro iDSD Signature DAC/Amp, then the product page does not mention it being Roon Ready, which means that ifi have not done the work to add support for the RAAT streaming protocol into the product.

Talk to ifi about adding Roon Ready support to the product - not Roon Labs.

Since the Support team will not be able to help you on this issue, I’ve moved your post from the Support category of the forum and put it into the iFi category. Thanks for your understanding.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.