DAC settings state only goes to DSD128 when it wil go to DSD512l

hi
Just got a nucleus+

Operating System
OK
Version 1.0 (build 157) stable
Running 3 hours, 38 minutes, 56 seconds.
Roon Labs Software
OK
Version 1.0 (build 6) stable.
Running 3 hours, 38 minutes, 52 seconds.
Roon Server Software
OK
Version 1.4 (build 310) stable
Running 3 hours, 37 minutes, 15 seconds.

I have a T+A PDP3000HV DAC which supports the 256 and 512 rates but ROON settings are in red for these rates.
Any suggestions
thanks

• DSD256 and DSD512 only with a Windows PC with appropriate driver installed

Digital input USB 1x USB: Device-Mode - up to 384 kSps (LPCM) and DSD512*
supports asynchronous data transfer

http://www.ta-hifi.de/en/audiosystems/hv-series/pdp-3000-hv-dsd-pcm-player/

Nucleus+ uses ROCK and requires a patch to support native DSD. Check the thread below:

T+A only supports those rates via their Windows driver. I hope they’ll get the Linux Native DSD stuff (needed for ROCK) sorted out someday…but it isn’t there yet yet.

The best bet for getting that hooked up to a ROCK-based system is to run Roon Bridge on a Windows machine that’s connected to the DAC. This is what I do with the DAC-8 DSD that I keep near my desk.

The Windows machine that you use for this does not need to be expensive or fast. Pretty much anything will do, so long as it runs Windows and can support T+A’s ASIO driver.

Hi @brian,

I’m in the middle of updating RoPieee to the 4.14 kernel, and I’ve noticed that there’s support for a large part of the T+A family, including the T+A PDP3100HV.

Do you know what the difference is of the 3000 vs 3100? Also it might be worthwhile to test it with this patch, because they support a range of devices: T+A DAC8DSD-V2.0, MP1000E-V2.0, MP2000R-V2.0, MP2500R-V2.0, MP3100HV-V2.0

Thanks,

If I’m not mistaken, I thought T+A uses Amanero USB module? There seems to be various versions of Amanero USB firmware. I wonder which version is assumed in the kernel support.

This makes the issue more complicated (this is probably not the latest info):

I wouldn’t say complicated, but rather a ‘trial and error’ kind a case.
Biggest issue with Amanero is that not all devices out there are equipped with the latest firmware.

Sure, but seems still some glitches concerning native DSD with last AMANERO FW (Beta, not officially released).
See: https://www.computeraudiophile.com/forums/topic/37303-combo384-amanero-firmware-upgrade-for-dsd256-lampizator-lite-7/?do=findComment&comment=800988

wow. didn’t know that.

Well, look at it from the positive side: if more people are going to ask for this, then at some point those vendors need to get their act together :wink: