DAC USB TEAC UD-505 doesn’t it support Roon and MQA

Ascolto TIDAL Hifi + Roon con PC(Win 10,64 bit) e DragonFly Black.
Vorrei acquistare il DAC USB TEAC UD-505,consente di supportare Roon e MQA?
Grazie Fabio

Benvenuto nel forum, @Fabio_Pedrazzi!

Listening to TIDAL Hifi + Roon with PC (Win 10.64 bit) and DragonFly Black.
I would like to purchase the TEAC UD-505 USB DAC, does it support Roon and MQA?
Thanks Fabio

Dalla specifica TEAC UD-505 sembra che questo non supporti MQA. Avresti bisogno del NT-505 che è un dispositivo Roon Ready.

https://www.teac-audio.eu/en/products/nt-505-149454.html

From the TEAC UD-505 specification it would seem that this does not support MQA. You’d need the NT-505 which is a Roon Ready device.

Yes. My does.

Grazie mille

You need to update the firmware to latest version before Roon works. Mine did not come with the latest.

NT-505 supports MQA only from its network input, not from the USB or any other input. It is Roon Ready.

UD-505 does not support MQA. As a USB DAC instead of network player like NT-505, UD-505 should not require specific support for Roon as long as the Windows driver is working.

1 Like

It is not RoonReady before you update to latest firmware. I bought a unit a couple of month ago and had to update like others

If you have a network port in your unit, you’re using NT-505 which is Roon Ready (after some updates if necessary), not the UD-505 being asked in the thread. UD-505 does not have a network port and by definition cannot be Roon Ready (which requires network).

3 Likes

NT-505 Streamer. UD-505 standing alone DAC.

Salve ho preferito acquistare Dragonfly Cobalt ci sono novità Roon ,non vedo la icona della libellula in Roon