Daily Mixes - Feedback on the selection and content

My mixes this past week have been bizarre. I’ve listened exclusively to jazz and I’ve got Beatles, Lennon, Stevie Nicks, and Van Halen mixes.

Interesting. Mine have actually gotten better.

One odd thing for me, and it may be because he was in today’s news, but I got an Elvis Costello mix. I haven’t listened to him in a while. The mix does have many artists that I listen to on and off, but I do mostly listen to Jazz and Blues.

For the first time in a while I am seeing a Daily Mix for an artist that doesnt appear in the mix. Specifically I have a ‘Zero 7 Mix’ and of the 25 tracks none are by Zero 7.

It’s a bit of shame actually, because the playlist is pretty good! It should probably be entitled the Groove Armada mix or maybe the Thievery Corporation mix.

I had a Tones and I mix with 0 songs by them in it yesterday.

Today I again have 2 of the same artist daily mixes that I have had for almost a week.

Just adding data points.

Daily Mixes seem to have a knack of picking up what I do not like. :frowning: How do I set them to what I want to listen to?

4 Likes

I hardly ever use these, they repeat too much and show up again and again.

4 Likes

Issue: Multiple Tracks chosen from the same album.

Example:

Vince Guaraldi Trio Daily Mix

About 50% are Frank Sinatra selections!

1 Like

looks like an excel spreadsheet- do you export that from Roon?

Yes, I’ve been saving every daily Mix since Aug to run analysis. I exported the Mix to Excel and then sorted to show how many songs were selected from the same albums.

2 Likes

Okay, so I’ve beaten the Frank Sinatra example above. Today I got a Shaun Cassidy Daily Mix that surprised me! :astonished:

Shaun Cassidy Daily Mix List

Just to put it into numbers:

pect

So, that is my target to beat, and Daily Mix with 80% consisting of the Mix Artist. Blows Frank’s 50% away!

@jamie

2 Likes

Is it women’s day or Roon just being overly PC?

1 Like

Random luck?

Looks that way…Ill try a roon playlist choice perhaps

1 Like

Today’s Syd Barrett Daily Mix without his own music…

1 Like

Today’s Michelle Shocked Daily Mix without her own music…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.