Daily Mixes - Feedback on the selection and content

Can you gift one to someone who’s not getting any?

2 Likes

Purely subjective, but I like the 8 My Mix on Tidal better than the Roon daily mixes. Thankfully the new version has both. :smiley:

2 Likes

It’s bizarre. Even if Roon makes an incorrect association of The Stills with Stephen Stills of CSN/Y. At least there shouldn’t be only tracks from Deja Vu. There’s a lot more material to choose from CSN, CSNY, Stephen Stills solo, Stills-Young band and other similar artists.

I find the same problem with Daily Mixes as I find with Roon radio. Highly repetitive from an artist selection point of view.

1 Like

I think the Tidal ones are much more of what you have been playing and Roon seems to be predicting what you might like that you have not heard before. Not saying either is exactly that, but that is my impression.

I wish Roon would pull in “My Daily Discovery” from Tidal too.

3 Likes

Apologies if this has been noted before - please move if so… I had a Annie Lennox mix yesterday, it said ‘featuring Emmy Lou Harris, Jon Gordon and more’ but all it had was one Suzanne Vega/Jon Gordon track and all the rest were Tracy Chapman - great music, but not really a mix? And why mention dear Emmy when she isn’t there?

1 Like

…and I apologise, Emmy is there, on a track with Tracy! :blush:

Looks like it has inherited Roon Radio’s nasty repetition habit. The few I have played have been quite varied with little repetition.

Yup I think it has inherited Roon Radio’s repetition. Not quite as bad as your Tracy Chapman example but all of my daily mixes have multiple tracks from the same artist.

Worse still, it played The Prodigy alongside Massive Attack and Portishead!

1 Like

I agree, I do have a pick and I think I saved it as a playlist. I am going to add it to my post when I get the chance.

It works in a 2-way step (but do not ask me why)
Click RIGHT to select (with a mouse) or push and hold until the little ‘v’ confirms selection of the track.
Then select Play Now at the top of the screen.
Dirk

@Herbert_Kaindl , this is a bug, and has been reported and acknowledged by the Roon Team.

Correct. But this is very complicated. The icon looks like a click icon, so I want to click and it starts.

1 Like

i’d like to hear that Gene Clark mix.

2 Likes

good one today:

Edit: Interesting mix of three:

1 Like

Hey @Tobias_Imbach,

I have to echo @woodford and confess my envy of your Gene Clark mix. No Other is one of my all time favourite albums (the 4AD deluxe reissue of a few years ago is an absolutely beautiful thing to behold) and no one can argue that Gene was the most gifted among his fellow Byrds.

Additionally, I wanted to thank you all for your feedback on the mixes and acknowledge that the non-functioning Play from Here button in the mixes is a bug that we’ve been able to reproduce in our tests. We have a ticket in with Dev team for this, we don’t have a timeline for a fix but it’s on their radar.

3 Likes

Valence considers everything you’ve played in Roon, but it gives significantly more weight to content you play “directly” (clicking Play on a track or album) as opposed to content played via a recommendation (ie starting Radio or playing a Mix).

We didn’t include an in-app feedback mechanism this time like Radio has, but we’re absolutely interested in everyone’s feedback. We’re aware, of course, that our servers have had some issues and that there are a few open issues we’re investigating, including mixes where all the content is from a single artist.

We expect this for classical mixes – we experimented with a few strategies and ultimately decided that a variety of performances from a single performer made the most sense for the 1.0 version of our classical mixes, but we have lots of other ideas… And we’re interested to hear yours…

We’ll fix the bugs but we’re most interested in how you’re enjoying the music. Are the “headliners” making sense to you? Are the tracks in line with what you’d expect? Are there any tracks or mixes that feel completely wrong to you?

The more feedback we have the more we can improve, so let us know what you think everyone!

6 Likes

Bummed, no daily mix today. Love the feature!

I updated to build 806 yesterday. I enjoyed the one Daily Mix I was able to listen to. Unfortunately, after saving then listening to that one mix, the Daily Mix feature has been MIA. :frowning:

@mike is there any link to whether Roon is running all night or not as to whether it gets triggered for Daily Mixes? I haven’t been logging it closely but I am temporarily running Core on a laptop and the nights it was on all night I did not get Daily Mixes. Probably not related.