Daily Mixes - Feedback on the selection and content

I have no daily mixes today, though I have had them up to now. Choices so far seem ok, I agree that classical is difficult, but if you asked me what I wanted I’d find it difficult to figure out. But don’t forget “Discover” - it can give you very worthwhile angles on your own music, and if somehow you could extend it to cover stuff not in your library that the AI wizard in the sky thinks should be it could be better.

1 Like

Hi Mike

Can I place a remark/request here.
If you are really interested in our ‘validated’ opinions about ‘Daily Mix’, it would be utterly usefull to be able to export the playlists to a (excel)file.
But as most (if not all) tracks are selected at the streaming compnanies (Qobuz, Tidal) one cannot.

Today, I do not see a convenient way to ‘document’ my opinion in a way that something can be learned from it. (Unless you want me to retype a 25 trackk playlist everytime).
Dirk

3 Likes

Mike,

I’ve had a few days to try Daily Mixes, and so far I like the feature. I’ve been having a problem though with the Mixes not appearing at all on some days, and have followed up with support on that, but in regards to your question about “the music” - so far so good with me. The headliners chosen make sense, I’m seeing a good lineup within the mixes and also across the selection. I’m a heavy jazz listener, but also enjoy other genres and glad to see that I’m getting mixes representing different interests. Also have discovered a few new tracks and have liked one or two mixes enough to save as a playlist. So, good job with this feature and look forward to its consistency and reliability on my homepage “daily” :grinning:

1 Like

Yep, we’re working on this. @RobOK wouldn’t let me forget :wink:

For giving us feedback, you don’t need to give me screenshots or list out every track – general feedback about the selections (good or bad) or specific examples of what didn’t hit the mark are fine. I can connect the dots with the data team from there.

Thanks!

1 Like

Generally a very nice feature among my favorites on Roon. Sad that it seems to disappear. Sent log in who knows.

Mike

I just noticed that you can’t remove a song from the daily mix. There’s a few bands showing up in my mixes that I absolutely dislike. I realize that I can start the Mix and then go to the Queue and remove the song(s) from there, but that seems like an unnecessary step.

Come to think of it, I don’t see a way to “dislike” an artist/band. I thought I could do that in the past.

3 Likes

I’d like to be able to remove a song from the daily mix before playing and have the same feedback as on radio.

I’d also like one more option on the “why did you skip this track” questionnaire, speaking of radio: I don’t like this artist. And then have it not give me that artist.

4 Likes

I love the feature, I would like to evolve also as Daily mix of the genres and sub genres that I most hear, I save some of them after I hear it with calm I come back and give you my opinion

As with Roon Radio not varying the artist selection enough i’m finding that my Daily Playlists could do with a greater spread of artists too.

My 25 track Daily Playlist for Sasha (the DJ) on Friday was particularly bad and featured only 8 unique artists:

John Digweed - 8 tracks
Sasha - 5 tracks
Chicane - 5 tracks
Above and Beyond - 2 tracks
BT - 2 tracks
Way Out West - 1 track
Nick Warren - 1 track
Deep Dish - 1 track

Of the excessive 8 tracks from John Digweed, 4 of them were all from the same Fabric 20 album.

Well, for starters: the daily mixes have dissappeared in my android remote.

No, I’m not enjoying the music. 25 tracks by roughly 5 artists from roughly 5 albums cannot result in an enjoyable mix. I’d expect 25 tracks from 25 different artists.

The headliners make about as much sense as Roon radio’s suggestions: extremely narrow-focused, limited to the “related artists” (low hanging fruit) and annoyingly repetitive.

All in all, over-hyped and like all of Valence: a lot of bold statements but no delivery.

You’d think you guys would have learned to brag less and deliver more.

Or else I should have learned my lesson instead of hoping it’d actually work this time.

2 Likes

Mixes are no longer daily as been absent and still are . :frowning:

1 Like

Hi Frank

Here Roon will be faced with an unsolvable dilemma, as everybody will have his own personal taste/expectations.
Clearly, mine are different from yours. Does Roon Radio not fit that bill?
The reason I like Daily Mixes so far, is exactly that every mix tries to offer a coherent playlist (for me at least)…
I do not use Radio at all, tried it in the 1st weeks but quickly decided it was not for me.
Daily Mixes I do like.
But to each its own :wink:
Dirk

1 Like

Ive just played the Ultravox Mix continued by Roon Radio, 110 tracks for 9 hours and its been absolutely spot on, enjoyed nearly every track, .

1 Like

Well Dirk, at the moment I have no daily mixes. I guess that’s SNAFU.

Maybe the concept does pose a dilemma. Then again: why put a feature in that is bound to rub customers the wrong way?

On top of that: why keep on flaunting an inferior feature like Valence?

As we say in Flanders: veel geblaat, weinig wol.

1 Like

Kylie Minogue mix:

kylie - 5
rihanna - 3
kesha - 2
mylie cyrus - 2
shakira - 2
ellie goulding - 2
sugabages
camila cabello
robbie williams
jessie j
ariana grande
madonna
britney
selena gomez
sophie ellis bexter

Given the plethora of choices for female pop singers, why was there any need for artist repetition here? What decides that an artist is given more than one track?

2 Likes

Today I was astonished about my daily mixes. In the middle there is a advertising for a artist named Arif Mardin that I don´t know (see image). Also the headliners (e. g. Roberta Flack) I didn´t hear until now I guess. I thought the suggestions are based on my preferences and should include some of my favourites … Freddy Mercury and Joe Cocker fits my music taste perfect, but not the man in the middle. I would not try this daily mix!

You get the same with Composition - Top Performers

May are unknown (at least to me) maybe it’s Roon way of telling me I am missing out !! :rofl:

eg

am I missing Pascal Moragues ? Turns out he’s a Clarinetist !! playing a Piano Concerto , maybe he is better then Emil ???

1 Like

It’s academic anyways. Daily mixes are still missing. I’ve had them for four days or so.

Typical Roon: all mouth, no trousers.

They might at least ensure feature availabllty before advertising.

1 Like

At last, I can have rock mixes without “Boston-More than a feeling” in it with Roon, thank you! I enjoyed a full Jimi Hendrix Experience mix yesterday. I only had one or two songs skipped, this is a major thing for a mix for me! Congrats. Having said that, I’d certainly like to be able to ban an artist or a song; or be able to like/dislike songs to “train” mixes. All in all, a major service upgrade for Roon.

Did you google who Arif Mardin was?

1 Like