Database error help

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

MAC Laptop, OS 11.2.3 (Big Sur)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

none relevant

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

direct laptop plan

Description Of Issue

Background:
– recently updated both OS and new hard drive in laptop
– transferred Roon database files from old to new libraries
– (maybe a i made an error here?)
– Had been using roon on this machine as a remote/client for weeks (since 1.8 came out) so it “worked”, but only as a remote to my ROCK server/core.

Problem:
– Wanted to use Roon while traveling, rather than my RoCK at home
– selected “use this mac and server”
– database error - cannot load database, with link to ask for support here

Rebooted everything

There’s nothing important in this database, so rebuilding is OK. No idea how to do this -no prompt etc.

Or is there some known problem with the new release and MacOS

TIA

G

Hey @Just_Me,

It’s been so long since this post - I am sorry for the delay in getting back to you :pleading_face:

The error you ran into points to a corruption of the database. Starting fresh should resolve this (restoring a backup if you have one is even better, as that would save all your data).

Please, do let me know if you need help with the steps to do so :pray:

Hi Rebecca. Yes, i was wondering if anyone would get back to me. Fortunately i was able to find and access all of Roon’s files an simply delete them, but many might not be able to. Furthermore, the only message was “oops we were not able to load your database, but don’t worry, you can get help here” - link to this forum. nothing more. No link to database location, instructions nothing. If i had not fixed it i would have been out of commission for two weeks. SO i consider this a serious letdown of Roon’s support obligation.

If Roon’s database is corrupted, i suggest that the process ought to be:

1. an option to have roon automatically rebuild or delete, if desired.
  2. Instructions on the user’s various options, with file locations
  3. Finally, a link to this forum

Since it is now somewhat water under the bridge for me, some background on how this occurred and what the suggested steps are would be helpful.
G

1 Like

Hey @Just_Me,

I’m very grateful that you’ve followed up on our conversation. I appreciate your structured feedback that, very likely, would resonate with other subscribers as well. I’ve passed on your suggestions to our team, so they can take it into account moving forward.

A big thank you for the effort you put in to make Roon work again :pray:

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.