Database Issue when backup Roon Core

Roon Core Machine

Intel NUC7I7BNH Barebones (Intel Core i7-7567U, Disque dur Zoll 2,5 SSD + SSD M.2 SATA / PCIe SSD)- NOIR
Crucial CT8G4SFD8213 32Go (DDR4, 2133 MT/s, PC4-17000, DRx32, SODIMM, 260-Pin) Mémoire
Samsung SSD Interne 960 EVO (250 Go) - MZ-V6E250BW

Networking Gear & Setup Details

NetGear Router

Connected Audio Devices

Accuphase DC 1000 connected by usb to my NUC

Number of Tracks in Library

57K Albums and 852 K tracks

Description of Issue

When I try to backup my library the backup fail, I need to restart the roon server software on my Roon Core. I have seen a message saying database issue.
Unfortunately all my backup are corrupted!
Is there a way to solve the issue and check the database ?
If there are no way to solve the issue is it possible to save my Tag list ?
Thanks for the help

Hey @mnt111111,

Thanks for your patience while we work through each thread. I wanted to check in here to see if you were still having issues with backing up your database?

If so, can you provide more information around your backups, and where you’re backing them up to? Do you run into this issue if you create a new backup folder/directory?

Unfortunately, there isn’t any direct function to export/import just Roon tags. If you’re looking to export a catalog of your library to an Excel spreadsheet, this catalog will include your Tags, and will also include entries for any TIDAL and/or Qobuz albums/tracks in your library.

More information is here in the KB.

Hi Benjamin

I’ve followed your recommendation to create another folder for my backup .

I 've created on another NAS than the one I use usually but unfortunately without any success this is below the error message after one or two minutes.

After this error, I need to restart on my Core Server the Roon server software.

Thanks

Hey @mnt111111,

Thanks for giving that a try! If possible, do you have a separate external drive you could temporarily test setting up as a backup location? It would be good to see if the issue lies within the NAS itself.

Being just shy of 1M tracks, this could also be playing a part in the issue. If possible, are you able to disable part of your library, and try backing up?

Hi Benjamin

Sorry for the delay of my response but I couldn’t make any try of your recommendation.

When you say if I’m able to disable part of my libray, I have 3 Synology shared ! Do you recommend to stop one or two NAS and make a try of backup?

Thanks

Hey @mnt111111,

Thanks for letting me know. If you’re able to get your hands on even a thumb drive, it would be really good to know if you’re able to test backing Roon up on another device outside your NAS. Do you have another computer you may be able to set up a network share with, and try backing up that way?

I more so was referring to temporarily disabling one of your watched folders, to lighten the load involved in the backup process. This would depend on how your watched folder/library is set up in Roon.

Hi Benjamin

I’ve just done the backup on a shared drive on my computer situated on my home network.

Great news, it succeeded, see picture below.

Can you explain why , it worked on my computer and not in my NAS (is it the issue about the fact that my backup folder is situated on the same volume as my music??)

Thanks

1 Like

Hey @mnt111111,

Thats good news!

This could certainly be the culprit! Typically, as long as they’re in different folders you shouldn’t run into issues (assuming your watched folder doesn’t include any subfolders containing your backups.)

After re-reading the thread, are you saving backups to internal storage on your NUC vs an external drive? If your library is on internal storage as well, that has been known to pose issues in the past, and I would setup a different backup location moving forward. :+1:

Hi Benjamin

The test backup was on a share drive created on my personal computer (windows 10).

As you know on my NUC i’m running my Rock version on linux.

I have planned my next schedule backup on this new share drive.I hope it will work fine :slight_smile:

Thanks again

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.