Database problem

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
NimitraS Server - Windows 10 - Roon 1.7 (Build 610)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
WiFi

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
ExaSound e38 DAC - USB

Description Of Issue
Unable to start Roon - database not loading.

I’m having problems connecting my NimatraS server to my Roon account. I disconnected from Nimitra where the Roon core is installed and tried to re-establish the connection by logging to my Roon account.

After quite a long wait I thought that perhaps I entered the incorrect password so I clicked on the forgot password link and reset it. I entered the new password and received the following message

”There was an issue loading your database - Don’t worry, Roon staff is ready to help, so head over to our community site and let us know".

Sorry for this “false alarm”. I rebooted the NimitraS server and Roon found my database is back to normal.

All the best,

Mike

Hi @Mike_Covher,

Thanks for reaching out, it’s better to be safe than sorry when seeing database issues, so thanks for pinging us.

I’ve gone ahead and activated diagnostics mode for your Core and what this action does is automatically upload a log set.

I believe I see why the database issue occurred:
Critical: scx: System.IO.IOException: There is not enough space on the disk.

It looks like Roon tried to write items to the database but could not do so due to lack of free space.
Has this issue happened in the past?

I can’t say if your Roon database is in a stable state if your Core was out of data, it might not have finished writing all of the database info.

I would clear out some space on the Core and if you have any backups, I would try restoring from a backup before this error, just as an extra precaution.

Hi Noris - No space is available to be cleared from the NimitraS media server. It contains a 24GB SLC mSATA SSD - the size of the Roon database is causing the lack of free space issue. Any suggestions on how I can reduce the size of the Roon database will be very helpful.

Thanks,

Mike

Hi @Mike_Covher,

If your Roon database is full of content already then there are three possible ways forward, either use a smaller subset of your database, upgrade the SSD or use a different Core altogether with higher storage space. I suggest you reach out to Nimitra support to see what options you have on expanding your storage if you wish to keep using this Core.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.