Database Restore Issue Resulting in Loss of Library Information and Audio Devices (ref#07MG2P)

Full form submission

What’s happening?

· Something else

How can we help?

· None of the above

Other options

· My Roon software won't start up

Describe the issue

I had the error message "There was an issue loading your database" so that I went through the steps to restore Roon (ROCK installation on NUC). After restoring a backup there are no library information or audio devices. When I try to set audio file folders it tells me that these folders have been added already. Neither forced rescan nor removal and re-setting folders bring back my music file. This is the same for several different backups. I am worried that I have lost all my statistics and edits of the last two years. Can you help?

1 Like

Welcome to the Roon Community

Have you checked your local files storage location is setup, and/or Tidal / Qobuz are logged in?

1 Like

Yes, the storage locations are still set up properly. Even if I force rescan or delete storage location and add it anew, my music will not show in the library.
The same for Qobuz, as you can see in the screenshot, Qobuz is there and I can access Qobuz but Qobuz Albums that I have added to my library don’t show up.

Ok, what’s concerning me more is the loss of your music.

Reboot the computer that you have Roon running on. The Nuc with Rock.

@Connor could you assist

Thanks for taking a look into this. I have rebooted several times after backup restore. Sometimes I get the “Loadind database issue” directly after a backup restore.
I was wondering whether this could be a HW issue with my NUC? Would it be worth trying to set up the Roon server on my laptop and restore the backup there?

Tried to move roon server onto my laptop and restore backup (tried several different ones). Each time I got the database loading issue. Does that mean that all my backups are corrupt?
I would appreciate if someone from Roon support could start looking into this issue and provide hints how I could get this solved.

Does anyone from Roon Support care to look into this?
I am without a working Roon Server since early April. Now ARC also stopped working as it is asking to connect to the Roon Server.
This is slowly becoming annoying.
Please HELP and give hints or tell me whether my >2 years of database editing are lost.
HELP please!

Hi @Axel_Tams,

Thank you for your patience. We’ll absolutely do our best to assist you here. The device hasn’t responded to our requests for diagnostic uploads to our server, so the first step here is to gather a set of manual logs.

Can you please use the directions found here and send over a set of logs to our File Uploader?

We’ll follow up from there.

Hello @connor ,
Many thanks for your response and your support. I have uploaded Logs for current and an older database set-up as well as of RAAT server.
I hope that this helps and you will be able to get my data back again.
Best regards, Axel