Database won't load with the new update

My database won’t load with the new update. 08 iMac 4 gigs of ram 2.4 ghz ran fine before. Any help thanks

Hi @Mike_Schmidt1 — sorry for the trouble here.

Just to verify, are you getting a message that says there was a problem loading your database?

If so. so we can take a closer look, are you able to access your database and zip up the Logs folder for us?

If you can zip up that folder and send us a shared Dropbox link (or any other file sharing service), we can get a sense of what’s gone wrong here. If you can’t access the database, or if you don’t have anywhere to upload the Zip file, just let us know. We’ll walk you through the next steps here so we can figure out what’s gone wrong.

Thanks in advance for your patience, and sorry again for the trouble here.

Please help I’m clueless if needed I’ll go to team viewer. I’m really bad with computers. Email me [personal details removed by support] might be easier what’s the easiest

Hi @Mike_Schmidt1,

Are you able to access the database folders as outlined here? https://kb.roonlabs.com/Database_Location

I have no idea how to do any of that stuff.

Hi @Mike_Schmidt1 —Can you try the following:

• Close Roon on the iMac Core
  • Navigate to your Roon’s Database Location
  • Find the folder that says “Roon”
  • Rename the “Roon” folder to “Roon_old”
  • Restart/Reinstall the Roon App to generate a new Roon folder

I don’t understand any of that I can’t find anything I’ll need you to literally take over on team viewer or call me to walk me through. I can’t find that database even

She’s downloading as new from my Mac I’ll let you know if I have any difficulties. I found that folder and switched it to roon_old

Hi @Mike_Schmidt1,

Thanks for the update, definitely let us know how it goes or if you have any other issues.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.