Date Recorded format is localized and other dates are not [Solved]

As you can see in the screenshot below, the Date Recorded format is localized (in my case Israel/Hebrew) while the other 2 dates are in English.
I personally would prefer the Date Recorded to be in English too.

Thanks!

Hi Chikolad,
Is the recording an Israeli release ? Does this happen with other Israeli releases ?
Cheers,
andybob

Hi @andybob,
This is a global issue, it’s displayed in this format in any album with available Date Recorded.
As you can see, my screenshot is of a Radiohead album. And they’re from Oxfordshire :grin:

Based on my knowledge of how software works, the date itself is saved in the Roon DB as a date, not as a string. The date can be displayed in any format you choose (e.g. dd/mm/yy, yyyy/mmm etc). In some formats, the ones with month/day names, the locale will affect the language in which those names are displayed.
I suspect that the place in the code that formats the Date Recorded uses the system’s locale, and mine happens to be Israel.

Thanks

Yeah, I was wondering if it was in the recording but sounds like a localisation issue in Roon. I don’t remember telling Roon where I lived though. Do you recall a location/timezone/language query in your initial setup ? Your suspicion about system locale sounds right otherwise.

By “my system’s locale” I meant the one defined in Windows.

Yep, I think you’re right. I’ll send it on for people to fix.

1 Like

Is the Hebrew date in the file tags?

Hey @Ludwig, no, it’s not.
I’m sure if one of the developers sees this they will know exactly what needs to be done and it should be a very quick solution.
Also, this “bug” is really not a big deal for me at all :smile:

fixed this, and itll be released in the next build

1 Like

Thanks @danny!