Davaar 103 Build 516 (4.103.516) Released on 13 November 2023

Just installed the new Davaar 103 Build 516 (4.103.516) Released on 13 November 2023 today.

There seems to be a problem with the release. When a music track (Roon) is over my Linn Selekt DSM Surround turns off and start a reboot.

Torben

Thanks for posting this. I’m going to hold off on installing the update.

Please report this to Linn if you haven’t done so already. It sounds like a Linn issue and Roon possibly can’t do more than try to escalate the issue.

A Linn fallback did not fix the problem.

Qobuz plays (Linn) just fine - no problems.

It only happens with Roon. There where a SW update today with Roon.

Torben

So you think it was the Roon update and not the Davaar update?

Have just played a playlist (Qobuz) on my Linn. No problems - no shutdown and reboot.

It must be a Roon problem - it all happens after the update to:

Torben

Maybe you should move this to Support and rename to clarify that it’s a Roon issue and not a Linn issue.

I don’t have the current Roon update yet due to the staged rollout. When I get it, I can follow up on your thread around whether or not it causes the same issues on my Linn Selekt that you’re seeing.

1 Like

It happens on local albums.

When playing an local album (Roon) it happens - same goes for local playlist (Roon)

When playing Qobuz albums (Roon) and playlist (Roon) there is no problem.

Torben

I’m on the previous Davaar and I’m going to hold off updating for now. I’m also, as noted, on the previous Roon. I tried reproducing your issue with a local album and I don’t have the problem you’re seeing. At least not with my limited testing.

In Roon’s defense, the underlying issue is probably a Linn bug since a streamer shouldn’t crash / reboot when pushing music to it, advancing tracks, etc. My history with Roon + Linn issues is awful, though - mostly finger pointing between the two companies. You may have an uphill battle trying to get either company to engage on the problem. Certainly neither of them are going to be paying any attention to this subform, though.

Until the update today I had never problems.

Hope this support ticket is fine :slight_smile:

Torben

1 Like

Over the last weekend, after 6 weeks where I was traveling or the system was inaccessible because of construction at home, I had a weird, repeated problem when trying to update my Klimax DSM, with incomplete and stalled update attempts. Eventually I got back a working streamer, but it did not inspire confidence. I’ll definitely hold off trying to update to the new release on my several Linn systems. Incidentally, Linn hasn’t yet solved with a wake up from sleep issue for its Klimax 360 active speakers, where the DSM starts playing music before the speakers are fully up, which happens both with their app and with Roon.

Firmware is hard…

I think is a very good idea.

The only thing that works right now is playing Qobuz with the Linn App. That works.

Torben

Now I’m confused.

@Torben_Rick - based on your earlier posts, I thought you’d come to the conclusion that the Roon update introduced the issue. Do you now believe it was the Linn update? Or a combination of the two?

I also thought you mentioned that you reverted your Selekt to the previous Davaar release. I’ve never tried to downgrade Linn firmware. Is it possible and reliable? If it is possible, does it revert settings?

Also, if you think Linn broke something, have you sent them a bug report?

@gTunes - I can’t tell where the problem is. I just now that Roon + Linn is not working.

Torben

I applied the Davaar update. I still haven’t received the current Roon update and I decided to go ahead with the Linn update to help isolate the issue, if it shows up for me.

The Davaar update was problem free. I initiated it with the remote control since the update icon was showing up on the display.

I’ve tried Roon playing Qobuz and local library files and I haven’t hit any problems.

My device is a Selekt DSM with the stereo amp cartridge and the Organik upgrade.

@gTunes - Did you install the new version from today?

Davaar 104 Build 518 (4.104.518) Released on 14 November 2023

• Fixed Roon/DSD issue encountered in the last release

Torben

1 Like

I just checked - I just installed the version that the Selekt offered without knowing that they’d released an additional update. It is, indeed, the version from today. It’s really good news that they found and fixed the issue so quickly!

1 Like

Updated to 4.104.518 on Klimax, works with Roon (except for the annoying 360 wake-from-sleep issue).

1 Like

It seems that the problem has been fixed after the release of Davaar 104 Build 518 (4.104.518).

Torben

1 Like

It’s not totally working for me, my Akurate play the music but heavily distorted.

Me too.

DSD via Roon on Klimax DSM/2 hisses and is heavily distorted after installing 4.108.518