DBpower amp not working, website also down?

Good morning all,

I recently started using DBpoweramp to rip my cds to my Roon Library, after a few teething issues all was working well but last night it just stopped working.

I thought it was my computer but no, I then checked the support forum on their site and it wouldn’t load, their website doesn’t appear to be working wither.

Is anyone else having issues with the software or able to get on to their website.

Thanks in advance

2 Likes

“Not working” is a bit vague :wink:
What is the behavior? Is there a message box?
Trial period expired?

1 Like

Same here. Cannot access website. Rip is working but very slow. dbPoweranp seems to be struggling to do an AccurateRip lookup?

Not good. Hopefully a temporary glitch.

2 Likes

Hi,
The accurate rip isn’t working, I tried numerous cd’s but no joy. It was taking ages to load the meta data and one cd took 45 mins to rip, plus their website doesn’t appear to be working for me. I tried accessing from different IP’s etc but it just times out.

Worked absolutely fine on Wednesday evening.

1 Like

Okay. Looks like their service is down. So, have to wait for it to be up again.

1 Like

Good morning all,

Same for me.

Bought it last week because of the very good reviews here.

I’ve tried many things then I’ve just arrived at the conclusion that something is going on with their servers.

Here are some clues:

When you launch the program it doesn’t tell how many days are remaining for free upgrades.

Every CD you try to upload it’ll be in: Not Accurate Rip (even the most popular!)

To retrieve information from the internet (Discogs, MusicBrainz, etc…) it’ll take more time than average.

After the ripping of a track is stuck for 4/5 minutes before moving to the next one.

All n all a very frustrating experience, to rip a CD now it’ll take up to an hour…

Hope this will be useful for the community

Have a nice day.

MC

1 Like

Same here, cant rip it doesnt seem to read discs properly either. I have found the last 2 versions its not been finding data from MusicBrainz when it does exisit. So somethings not right their side.

1 Like

Frustrating as I only signed up this week :grimacing:

Hopefully their team are on it, I can’t seem to find a contact to be able to email and get an update.

Yep. Checked this morning after seeing this thread and I’m getting the same results. Website not working and CD Ripper hanging on checking music database.

Hopefully it’s just a DNS problem on their end, or forgot to renew their domain or something silly like that.

1 Like

The outage is due to a fibre cable break at the datacenter that hosts dbpoweramp, hydrogenaudio, foobar2000 and the accurate rip database.

13 Likes

Makes sense. I just realised I couldn’t get into hydrogenaudio either.

1 Like

Is anyone posting updates anywhere? It doesn’t look like dBpoweramp/AccurateRip has any presence on Twitter or Facebook.

Be patient. Read the plain explanation above. And just wait. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

This link shows the service update on the repair -

6 Likes

Looks like service has been restored. Yay!

3 Likes

Yay! Even though I didn’t have any ripping to do today.

On a (slightly) related note, I still use v17.7 of dBp. Anyone use newer version, such as latest R202X? I’m wondering if there’s any worthwhile reasons to upgrade. I still buy physical CDs and rip on a regular basis.

The version I use is years old(can’t remember off hand what version number it is as it is on my PC upstairs) and it rips discs fine and at about 30-35 x speed, maybe newer version would be quicker but as it works fine I see no reason to buy a later version.

1 Like

Supporting a software developer who has created and maintains a product you regularly use is a worthwhile reason to upgrade. :wink:

I always consider that aspect when contemplating upgrades. Heck, I even donate money to Florian & Mp3tag on a regular basis whenever there’s updates.

However, if the gain in features or bug fixes aren’t there I’m going to skip an upgrade or two along the way.

3 Likes