DCS Rossini/TIDAL and MQA?

must be some seriously good gear to knock the EMM off the shelf…enjoy!

Yes, dCS is amazing though a bit pricier than EMM. Plus I had some pretty awful customer service experience with EMMLabs.

I read the Rossini MQA update has come out. Unfortunately I am in London for work so I cannot check.

Has anyone updated?

dCS released an official date over the weekend. Update is supposed to be available on November 13. The MQA firmware is done (and has been for some time). Just trying to iron out a few glitches with the network card and Roon.

Awesome!!!

BTW, how did you find out?

I know some people :wink:

Plus I’ve been testing the code for months.

They also did an announcement on Facebook over the weekend.

Tease!!! :stuck_out_tongue:

And with the external clock… Tease^2!!!

That track is stunning. :+1:

Hello Andrew, will the November 13 update also include the firmware for the Bridge or does this follow at a later date?

The Rossini is being released first and then the rest of the product line will follow. I’m pretty sure that the press release that dCS issued went through the specific sequence.

Hate to say it guys, but don’t get your hopes up for a miracle on Monday. Sorry.

Well, that’s a tad cryptic…not happening Monday or happening with a smaller feature set than expected?
Best

dCS said on their Facebook page it would be Monday.

Likely not releasing Monday. Encountered a couple of odd corner case bugs that are bad enough that they need to be fixed before release. Was hoping for a test build on Friday, but it wasn’t ready yet. The good news is that MQA support (along with a number of other MAJOR bug fixes) is real, but it’s taking some time.

I’ll be the first one to admit that I pushed for a hold based on a couple of the issues that were discovered so feel free to direct your nasty thoughts my way.

Yeah. Hasn’t recent history taught us not to believe everything we read on Facebook :wink:

As G. Clooney said “I Would Rather Have a Prostate Exam Than a Facebook Page” couldn’t find the news release on FB.
Thanks for the update Andrew,

Btw: the piece of music that was mentioned in the thread above…

joel
Roon Labs: Developer
3d
That track is stunning. :+1:

what is it…would you share?
All the best

This is a 2L recording and I grabbed it and a few others to do some MQA testing.

Absolutely beautiful piece of music. 2L has the 4th movement available for free download in a variety of formats via their HiRes test bench.

Many thanks, all the best

Did the MQA update for Rossini issue today?

1 Like