DCS Rossini/TIDAL and MQA?

I checked before work this morning (6am NY time). Nothing there. AMP said it would likely get delayed as they discovered a few corner cases with issues.

No update today.

Saw this on their facebook page yesterday. (Sorry donā€™t know how to link a post to here from facebook)

MQA UPDATE
Apologies for the delay in updating you all and thank you again for your patience.
We were hoping to come to you this week with better news but frustratingly we are still in the same position.
We are truly disappointed and keen to bring you the MQA update for Rossini as soon as possible. However as often true with software releases we have found a few bugs that means we are not 100 percent happy to confirm the release. As with all of our products we strive to bring you only the best and thoroughly tested.
To avoid further frustration we wonā€™t commit to a firm date but please know that we are working tirelessly to bring you the update imminently.
From the dCS team thank you again for your ongoing patience.

Keep pushing their firmware update like this isnā€™t very good PR wise but on the other hand, they are at least being honest about it and not releasing a buggy firmware.

Iā€™m indifferent about MQA support on the Rossini but I am getting rather impatient to the Rossini DAC and clock I ordered last month.

To me, MQA is just another music file format that we donā€™t need.

But the wait will be worth it as you will be transported to a different place and time. Every time.

I donā€™t understand why the dCS Roon implementations seem to be much more flaky than, say, the Sonore microRendu - which I have found to be very robust when I was using it up until a month ago (now playing directly to a Rossini). Is this because dCS is using a lot more in the API than Sonore? Thereā€™s clearly more being used, like the title showing in the Rossini display, etc.

Thanks to John Iconomou, owner of Audio Salon in Coral Gables who recently hosted a terrific event showcasing a number of pieces, including a Vivaldi One and a Rossini. John Quick of dCS North America was there and his insight into what makes dCS equipment sound so good is always spot on.

The legendary recording engineer, Peter Mc Grath, provided his invaluable insight into where he believes digital currently is and where itā€™s going. He then provided us with an amazing demo. He played a song in Redbook and then the same song converted to MQA format. Both songs were sourced from the same Rossini with the latest Beta version MQA firmware. All other system components were the same. All I can say is wow - the wait for dCSs MQA firmware will be worth it.

1 Like

The last firmware update was late as well. I am anxious to get the new MQA update fro my Rossini. However, I always have faith in DCS and I do not mind waiting until they are ready to release a good update even though it takes a bit longer.

1 Like

Another user started a thread announcing the release and Iā€™ve added some notes there. Probably best to continue any discussions regarding the actual release there so as to avoid any confusion regarding speculation vs what was actually released.

1 Like

Agreed. Letā€™s close here.

1 Like