Deezer support

@danny2: You are sure, that Tidal and Qobuz are the only streaming provider that are willing to do both?
Following the link https://en.deezercommunity.com/got-an-idea-50/roon-compatibility-843/index4.html, Deezer have never been contacted by Roon about an integration.

4 Likes

oh wow… Deezer… totally forgot about them!

so, this is a weird situation… we actually had a an API style integration with Deezer before our team left our previous situation and formed Roon.

When we did Roon, we wanted to do Deezer like we did TIDAL, but Deezer Elite was the only tier that made sense for us to do. Unfortunately, Deezer Elite was “exclusive” to Sonos (I can’t remember if that was worldwide or just in the US). Our contacts at Deezer confirmed that with us, and there was no way to do a Roon integration of Deezer Elite. We heard it was a 12 month exclusivity, but then more than 12 months passed and we totally just forgot all about them.

It looks like it lasted almost 3 years… https://www.theverge.com/2017/8/30/16221584/deezer-hi-fi-service-google-cast-sonos – they announced September 2014, and that article is from August 2017.

I’ve asked the Roon bizdev team to figure this out again… I’m not sure what situation Deezer is in, and what their business looks like, but if it all makes sense, this might be a good thing to do.

13 Likes

I haven’t ever looked at Deezer, but they’re offering a 3 month free trial of the HiFi tier, so I’m going to check it out. I will also contact them after I sign up and suggest Roon integration.

3 Likes

@Dajokr That is great!
On the deezer forum, there are already 133 votes for Roon Deezer integration. Compared to the other 939 feature requests it is on place 21. Not bad, but could be better!
Every support is needed.

4 Likes

I’m a former Deezer Elite (Sonos) user. Thought it was a good service. With the current option of Qobuz and Tidal present, it’s not as much of an issue, but wouldn’t mind seeing it as an option. Competition keeps the prices in check.

2 Likes

Prices are set by the major music labels – not by the streaming services.

1 Like

Interesting. Did not know that. Thanks.

134 now :grinning:

1 Like

Signed in to Deezer today for a free account just to check their catalogue. Compared to TIDAL and Qbuz their catalogue seems to be much much bigger. With their Hifi-plan they offer FLAC’s too! Time to integrate with Roon!

3 Likes

@danny: I really hope, that your business development team is getting in contact with Deezer. Deezer “are not opposed to an integration with them” Roon (see https://en.deezercommunity.com/got-an-idea-50/roon-compatibility-843/index4.html)
I cross my fingers!

5 Likes

If there was ever a " come and get us" invitation that is it! I loved Deezer, great catalogue and Google assistant integration, however, no Roon integration so I had to move back to Tidal. If this happened I would be back to Deezer in a flash. Come on Roon, make this happen!

7 Likes

I’m waiting also for deezer to Roon integration.:notes:

3 Likes

Deezer is an excellent service. Wish it were an option.

6 Likes

Same here and I also voted on Deezer side.
:grinning:

3 Likes

By far my favorite standalone service and there is a linux app.

Its a pain to swap between it and roon, so I can still hope it may some day be supported :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@danny: Any news from the business development (bizdev) team regarding Deezer?
Now after the release of Valence, there should be some time to integrate Deezer into roon.

6 Likes

I think the same of course! I hope our request will not be forgotten about Deezer integration in ROON. Hope!

3 Likes

Taken from the Deezer community site.

6 Likes

I ‘forwarded’ this item to @Danny earlier today. Let’s wait and see what happens…

3 Likes

Fantastic news! If Roon integrates Deezer I will be immediate customer. Roon looks like such a great product, but Deezer is much better for me than TIDAL.

6 Likes