Delete Albums from my QNAP doesn't work

Hello,

I have bought a Innuos Zen Mini that had already a database of 1TB of Albums. Roon is linked with that storage and the storage on my Qnap NAS.
Some Albums are duplicates now, which I want to delete.

To delete the albums on the Innuos goes without trouble. Unfortunately, to delate from my QNAP creates problems.

7 Out of ten tracks of this album can’t be deleted, as they are “not available”. Whats wrong?

Can you delete the files by the Finder, when mounting the QNAP’s Music folder with the same user that you used to mount the folder in Roon?

I just tried here to delete a duplicate album and there was no issue, but the files were local to my QNAP (as it is also my Roon core).

To delete the files in finder is no problem.

I deleted a few more albums. I noticed that just the first two tracks get deleted. The complete album disappears in Roon. After a rescan of the database, the albums appear as new and without the first two tracks.

Hey @Michael_Kulig,

I have enabled diagnostics on your account so our technical staff can get some more insight into what’s going on here. The next time your Core is active a diagnostics report will automatically be generated and uploaded directly to our servers

Once that’s been received, I’ll be sure to update this thread and pass the diagnostics over to the team for further analysis.

Regards,
Dylan

Hey @Michael_Kulig,

Thank you for your patience as we investigate this issue. I just discussed this with the technical team, and they’re hoping to get a little more information regarding the behavior you’re seeing here. In order to get the team some more information that should provide valuable insight into this, may I ask that you please do the following:

• Reproduce the issue by attempting to delete an album and, if possible, create a gif recording of you doing this so we can see exactly what happens.
  • Make a note of the time you are doing this and let me know. This will allow us to get another diagnostics report and reference that specific timeframe.
  • Navigate to the folder where the media is stored and confirm that it is no longer there.

When you’ve finished, please send the timestamps over to me, along with a shared dropbox link containing the gif recording. With this, the team should be able to gain greater insight to the problem at hand and will be great data for their investigation.

Regards,
Dylan

Hey Dylan,

Here are the gifs you have asked for.

I have tried to delete the album at 18:38 German Time.
Just two tracks got deleted.

In the last video you can see all albums I tried to delete (since the 16th). In every folder are just two songs missing.

Thanks for doing this, @Michael_Kulig! We really appreciate it!

I’m enabling diagnostics on your account once more so I can get a new diagnostics report over to the technical team. I’ll send the report, along with your recordings, over to the team so they can continue their investigation. I’ll be sure to update you once I get feedback from them.

Regards,
Dylan

Hey @Michael_Kulig,

I had a chat with the team today regarding their investigation and I wanted to give you an update.

We will be reaching out to Innuos directly regarding your report, hoping to get a clearer sense of what’s going on here. Since we have another similar report, we’d like to make sure we test this on their hardware with a similar configuration. To that end, could you please confirm the OS version that your Zen Mini is running?

Thank you for your continued patience as we continue our investigation. I’ll be sure to keep you updated as progress we learn more about the behavior you are experiencing.

Kind regards,
Dylan

Hey Dylan,

I’m using the latest Innuos firmware 1.3.4.

Hey @Michael_Kulig,

We spoke with Innuos regarding the behavior you’re experiencing and they’ve advised us to have you reach out to them directly so they can provide further support. You can find their contact information here.

Thank you for you patience while we’ve looked into this, it’s genuinely been appreciated!

Kind regards,
Dylan

Hey Dylan,

thank you for the work you and your team has done.

I have decided now to sell my innuos and have bought a qnap with quad-core and 4 GB of RAM.

Now everything works perfectly.

1 Like