Deleting the genres that I created

This is a slightly different issue so I am creating a new topic. When I started using Roon, I created some new genres like HD music, DSD, etc. Now that I got more familiar with tags, I regret it and I’d like to delete all these genres that i created, but I can’t find a way to do it.

Also, how can I hide specific genres (native and self-created) from the Genres screen? I’d like to keep it simple.

Whilst you can remove a specific genre from all associated albums, I don’t think there’s a way to delete the genre. However, following these steps will remove the genre from the Genres screen.

From the Genres screen chose any album and click through to the album details. Now click on the genre under the review. This will show all albums associated with the genre.

Next, select all the albums and then click Edit > Edit Album and scroll to Genre. Click on the genre to remove and then Save.

Since there are no albums associated with this genre, you won’t see it listed on the Genres screen.

Thanks! Your method works wonderfully for the genres that I created.

While I was at it, I also found a way to hide the existing genre by removing all artists and sub-genres. I really hated to see “Children’s” genre, but I managed to make it disappear (yess!!!) after deleting all the artists and subgenres under it. In this case, there is no “select all” so you need to go inside each artist to uncheck the genre. Not recommended in general.

1 Like