Depeche Mode - Songs of Faith and Devotion

Roon has issues identifying SoFaD. There doesn’t seem to be an entry for it in the database at all.

It mistakenly identifies it as the Live version (which I have separately) and flagged it to me as a duplicate.

1 Like

Well spotted. I have the same issue with that and didn’t notice.

@jeremiah, understandable equivalence error as tracks are the same.

1 Like

I have it too, I edited and told Roon to use the file metadata for the album number and artwork.

It would be cool if Roon could ID it correctly.

1 Like

The album review is wrong still, so, it does need fixing.

Yep absolutely, what I did is just a superficial cosmetic workaround so can distinguish them in the browser.

There is still no fix. It’s annoying, especially it’s my favourite DM album. There should be an option to choose from all the artists albums (when re-identifing album). SImply I cannot believe ther is no studio version of this album in database.

Hi, Roon support - please help us :slight_smile:

Let’s drop a flag for @Mike and let him assign it to someone in Roon.

Is this a problem with TIDAL files or just local ones?

This seems to be an ongoing big problem that the wrong metadata/review is assigned to albums and there is no way to get rid of it. Would be nice if there were more sources for this.

I’m talking about local files. Now I use meta from my files but it would be nice to have proper album review and all the rich data Roon provides…

Hey guys – this is yet another equivalence issue, which as I’ve mentioned is an issue we’re aware of, and working on fixing. Right now we’re tracking bad equivalence matching with two goals: to fix them manually now, and to catalog these issues so we have something to test against as we improve this process.

In this case, we’re tracking nearly 50 editions of this album, which erroneously included about 10 editions that were actually the live edition of this album. It’s an interesting example and I’m going to flag @joel so he’s aware of this as the the process is improved.

For now, I’ve split the 10 Live editions out to their own album, so in about 48 hours you should be able to go to Edit > Re-identify and pull in the correct data.

If you’ve made edits, you may need to use the Identify button to match up the correct version and override your edits.

And apologies @Sebastian_Ptak and @anon55914447 for missing this thread the first time around – in the future feel free to put these album equivalence issues here, where we track and fix these kinds of issues on a regular basis.

2 Likes

No problem @mike , my memory is a little dim on the detail, but I think this one pre-dates the equivalence topic, hence it not appearing in there.