Depeche Mode - Songs of Faith and Devotion

Hey guys – this is yet another equivalence issue, which as I’ve mentioned is an issue we’re aware of, and working on fixing. Right now we’re tracking bad equivalence matching with two goals: to fix them manually now, and to catalog these issues so we have something to test against as we improve this process.

In this case, we’re tracking nearly 50 editions of this album, which erroneously included about 10 editions that were actually the live edition of this album. It’s an interesting example and I’m going to flag @joel so he’s aware of this as the the process is improved.

For now, I’ve split the 10 Live editions out to their own album, so in about 48 hours you should be able to go to Edit > Re-identify and pull in the correct data.

If you’ve made edits, you may need to use the Identify button to match up the correct version and override your edits.

And apologies @Sebastian_Ptak and @anon55914447 for missing this thread the first time around – in the future feel free to put these album equivalence issues here, where we track and fix these kinds of issues on a regular basis.

2 Likes