Devialet 120 Settings in HQ Player for DSD 128 Files

Got it - thanks!

Storage is Synology NAS - all Ethernet connections via gigabyte router - the Devailet works of AIR via Ethernet luckily with no dropouts! I am upgrading the family PC in any event - let me do that first and I re-test HQ Player - this weekend I am just listening to music with no tests - wish to chill and enjoy and deliberate on SQ!

Rash, I’m not sure how many files you have >dsd64, but if it’s not too many is there not an offline resampler to use to get versions at dsd64 for the time being?

Are you noticing a significant drop in quality with Roon playing at 172 into the Dev? I guess I’m just thinking it seems like potentially an awful lot of effort to change sample rate on a file to be exactly the max the Dev can take if it’s just for the sake of it. The Dev has a pretty good DAC and resampling - at least enough that people with pretty high end systems don’t feel it impacts negatively - so it might not be much of an issue whether it’s 172 or 192.

Just my thoughts, and of course you might just want to do it for whatever reason and fair enough, just trying to save you from hassles that stop you listening to music! :slight_smile:

Agreed after weeks of listening- the Roon playback on DSD files are good for me - DSD 64 - no issues at all as Dev deals with that - even with DSD 128, with Roon sending the file at 172k - Devailet still sounds good with my Dynaudio speakers - for me the HQ player is superfluous for now (I am assuming my PC is hardware is not up to scratch / Sub-optimal manual settings/ Devailet does its own thing - one of those things which I cannot empirically rule in or rule out) - at the end of the day have to go with my ears!

Yes - want to go from testing to simply enjoying reading the papers and listening to a Paul Weller album!