Devialet 220 Discussion

First the speakers, then Niagara. :slightly_smiling_face:
Until Niagara, you can temporarily buy a more modest but good current filtering device.

Being a Devialet user since the very first start of the company and having a lot of experience in the HiFi industry - I would really go with a Niagara 3000 for now as this is the single most important component for the Devialet. Itā€™s actually a prerequisite Iā€™d say to get the real performance out of the Devialet, which has a switching mode power supply and is really very sensible to power. You wonā€™t believe how your Devialet and speakers with the SAM profile are capable of. You may also lend a Niagara from a local dealer to test for yourself.

2 Likes

Thanks Markus!

1 Like

Anyone using a Roon Nucleus as a Roon Core (Connected via Ethernet) and their Devialet 220 connected via WiFi? I had an issue with a different intel nuc core that the Devialet would only see on WiFi 2.4 GHz band and it dropped out constantly. Switching the core back to my Desktop (and the Desktop on WiFi) allowed me to use the 5Ghz band. Odd quirk but wondering if anyone else ran into these issues?

Finally stepped up to a Niagara 3000 from the 1200. It was definitely a step up! Better bass, blacker backgrounds, all the cliches.

1 Like

Glad to hear you are enjoying it that much!

1 Like

I got a pair of Focal Diablo Utopia. Amazing speakers. I was excited to finally use SAM, so I set it up in the profile and loaded it. I was thrilled for a whole week. Then I discovered that SAM was set to 0%ā€¦LOL I brought it up to 100%. The low frequencies are definitely more present, drums that I could barely hear are now more front and center I though I heard an improvement, but I also did some measurements and Iā€™m getting the exact same curve as when SAM was at 0%. Go figure. (These Focals go down to 40Hz)

How did this go? I had the same issue and adding a 3000ms buffer fixed it.

LOng time ago, in HiFi system terms :). I remember that a firmware update on the Devialet fixed it, for the most part. I have since moved on to an entirely new system config. Happy to hear you found a workaround.

I just added a PS-Audio PowerPlant 12 to my Devialet 440 . I would not say that this is an absolut must but it increases the sound significantly. The placement of instruments on the soundstage is better identified and singers are spot on. However, the greatest improvement came in (solo) piano sound. Bevor the clean power all pianos sounded bright and gloomy like a Bƶsendorfer, now one can tell the different pianos used by the players. Considered the affordable price (aprox. 4k ā‚¬ now) i think it is a great update.

1 Like

I absolutely agree! It seems for the Devialet itā€™s especially important to have a proper power supply. I am using the Audioquest Niagara 5000 and it is such an amazing improvement in all areas. Wish more Devialet users would hear their system with it.

I have been using a PS Audio Perfect Wave Power Plant P10 AC re-generator with my Devialet Expert Pro 220 for some time and have been pleased with the results. You should also pay attention to PS Audioā€™s suggestion that you use a very good power cord with the Power Plant. I hooked up a 5 ft 10 gauge ICE Age Audio power cord to my Power Plant and was so impressed with the improvement it made to the sound quality of my system that I bought more power cords for my other components. Since everyoneā€™s music system and environment are different, you may wish to experiment here with different power cords but the payoff can be huge.

1 Like

Are you talking about the cable that runs from the socket to the Power Plant or about the cables that run from the Power Plant to the components?
Iā€™m asking because I would highly doubt that the cable that runs from the socket to the Power Plant does make any difference.

I am talking about the power cable that runs from the wall socket to the Power Plant.

1 Like

It indeed does! Just borrow 1-2 top cables from your local dealer and compare to your existing one.

1 Like