Devialet AIR streaming released!

I think a well configured home network is the key to a perfect working AIR environment.

3 Likes

RAAT was changed to TCP streaming in v234. To quote Mike from release notes on 234:"…we also know that both TCP and UDP, when implemented properly, are suitable for high-bandwidth, high-quality media streaming…". The complete text is here:

You are not guaranteed error free streaming with TCP either. Maybe if you tried the Bryston again now it would be more stable? In my own experience RoonAIR to my 250Pro is trouble free while Devialet’s AIR was unusable. So it is also possible with UDP!

Yes, but certainly in terms of Devialets AIR driver, not a guarantee. Their version of AIR was, frankly, not fit for purpose - at least not for everyone, including some with well configured networks.

But the key advantage of Roons implementation is there are human beings you can talk to about any issues, and Roon fix bugs quickly and efficiently.

4 Likes

I reverted to the Bryston just to verify and got the same skips. They normally would happen when the player is left for a long time paused. So far I don’t get them with RoonAir

You should contact Bryston about this… maybe their box is having some problems.

Does Devialet AIR integration with Roon, require leaving “exclusive mode” off?

I don’t see any mention of this above, but my local store thought so.

(If so, is this an issue for sound quality?)

It’s not talking to a local audio device. There is no exclusive mode in this case.

1 Like

Ok … the option is there, with an annotation that the output is using Core Audio (on a Mac). But maybe that’s incorrect?

If you’re going via core audio, you’re not using the Roon Native AIR. Your D will be in the networked section in audio setup - with the Devialet branding - that’s the one you want.

Like this:

1 Like

Ok, thanks. Next time I’m in the store, we’ll take a look at that together. I don’t think they had it setup right.