Devialet Expert Pro Ethernet

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
ver 1.6 build 475

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Google WiFi router

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Devialet Expert Pro 140

Description Of Issue
Ethernet input on Devialet not showing upon even though it is being shown in Configuration file. Devialet Air software not installed.

Guy, assume you have latest firmware/DOS on your Devialet: Firmware 13.1.3 + DOS 2.2.4

Hi @Guy_Russell,

Welcome to the community! Can you please check to make sure you are on the newest Devialet firmware as @Flashman noted? Also, can you please share a screenshot of your Roon Settings -> Audio tab and confirm what operating system the Core is running?

Correct As you described
Guy

1 Like

If you set both Roon and Devialet to use DHCP (or set manual IPs on the same subnet), then in Roon you should see something like in here attached image. You should just activate the option you prefer, and play the music. Devialet will automatically switch to the appropriate input.

Both Devialet and Roon are set to DHCP. The addresses are the same as far asI can see. No ethernet input available. I’ve attached a screen shot for your perusal. Thanks for your help.
Guy

In Roon it looks fine.
What do you mean by “no ethernet input available”? If Devialet configuration is fine, then you should be able to select In Devialet sources like AITPLAY, SPOTIFY, AIR, UPNP, ROON READY. Can you select this inputs on your Devialet?
But this not required for playing music. Just select the corresponding zone in Roon and play.

Yes that’s the problem. When I cycle through the various inputs as you describe there is no Ethernet. All the others are present. I can play music via Roon Ready but I wanted to try Ethernet…but its not there.

Hello @Guy_Russell,

The “My Devialet” zone should be the same as “My Devialet-ETH”. They both use the Devialet AIR integration.

-John

Are you referring to the Air software from Devialet? I don’t have that installed. Remember Devialet Eth doesn’t show up on the Roon choices under Audio

There is no input named “ETHERNET”.
Available inputs that are using network are: AIRPLAY, SPOTIFY, AIR, UPNP, ROON READY. They all are using Ethernet connection, but each with different protocol.

2 Likes

Guy,

Unless I am mistaken, the Roon Ready area for your Devialet is accessing your device through Ethernet, unless you have set up WiFi for the Devialet. (Devialet doesn’t permit simultaneous Ethernet and WiFi connections – it’s binary.) Roon is seeing your device on the network, so it’s got to be via one or the other, methinks!

Good luck!

Guess I was expecting something that I shouldn’t have. Thanks for the information Michael.

Guy

1 Like

No, this is how it’s supposed to work. One of the prerequisites for Roon certification is automatic input switching, and this is what happens. Devialet Roon and Devialet Air are both network protocols, choose one, and the devialet switches to its network input. If nothing is streaming, the round Devialet window shows the selected input in orange to indicate it’s unlocked. You can also manually select Devialet Room or Air by pressing the front button numerous times to cycle through inputs.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.