Devialet not powering up anymore

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

NUC8i5BEH
8GB RAM
256GB M.2 SSD
1TB SSD database

Rock OS: Version 1.0 (build 227) stable
Roon server software: Version 1.7 (build 667) stable

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Devialet and ROCK are on the same switch connected to LinkSys mesh network.
DHCP

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Devialet Expert 200 connected via Ethernet and via USB directly to ROCK
Firmware 10.1.0

Description Of Issue

I used to have ROON running on a small Win10 NUC-like device with the server software connecting over ethernet. This worked well for years. At a certain stage the connect with the Devialet developed issues. Not starting up, had to reboot for it to connect properly. I got fed up and decided to build a ROCK on the NUC platform. Easy enough… connected it all, ROON finds the Devialet AIR and sets it up, but:

• it will not power up via ROON

• when I turn the Devialet on myself, it will not switch to the ROON signal: “Audio device refused to switch input to Roon.”

• when I manually switch it to ETH, I get the message “Roon lost control of the audio device because the input was switched”

• Setting up the USB connection, Roon find the device and it works, but the Devialet will not start up , it will not switch automatically to the USB input and the volume control does not work via ROON.

Curious to hear your ideas on this.

Choose ethernet OR usb, no need to connect both… ethernet has 2 way communication for control.

2 Likes

Ridiculously simple… :rofl:
Dunno why I added the USB in the 1st place.
Thx Mike, the joy is back,
Cheers

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.