Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Windows 10 Pro x64 with latest updates.
Sony VAIO Laptop VGN-AW290 with SPDIF output via mini Toslink.
1Gbit Ethernet and Google Fiber 1Gbit symmetrical connection.
Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Devialet Phantom Dialog with 2 Phantom Gold speakers via laptop mini Toslink to Dialog Toslink.
I am doing a 14 day free trial and this is a show stopper for me.
Roon does not turn off the SPDIF output after playing:
- Enable Dialog optical input and enable automatic switching to optical.
- Play from Roon to Dialog via SPDIF.
- Play from anything (including Roon) to Dialog via Airplay - the Dialog automatically switches to Airplay.
- Play from Roon to Dialog via SPDIF again. The Dialog does not switch back to optical.
- Unplug the SPDIF connector from the computer.
- After ~30 seconds plug SPDIF back into computer - the Dialog now switches to optical and plays from Roon.
Apparently Roon needs to turn off the SPDIF output when finished with it.
- Is this possible using the laptop mini Toslink?
- Is this possible using a USB to SPDIF adapter (I’m happy to purchase one).
- Is there any other way to make this happen?
- I see that the Devialet Expert is Roon Ready. Are you going to support the Dialog via RAAT?