Devialet RAAT NOT working (but Devialet AIR is)

Just trying Roon for the first time with a Devialet Expert Pro.

I am able to play with Devialet AIR or System Output. However, I cannot play with either Devialet RAAT or Devialet Airplay.

I run Roon 1.6 on macOS 10.14.2.

I checked the macOS firewall. Both Roon and RAATServer are allowed to accept incoming connections. Devialet AIR is disabled (I tried also exiting Devialet AIR altogether.) I rebooted the Mac. I rebooted the Devialet Expert Pro.

Still, neither Devialet RAAT nor Devialet Airplay zones can be made to play something. The button play button is inactive and the text next to it says: “Nothing playing”, as showed in the figure below.

What am I doing wrong?

I didn’t think Devialet Experts supported RAAT yet…? (Do you perhaps mean Roon’s built-in implementation of AIR?)

Do you perhaps mean Roon’s built-in implementation of AIR?

Yes, that’s want I meant !

Right-o. Some people have found that to use Roon’s AIR it’s necessary to completely uninstall Devialet’s AIR driver so that might be worth a try.

Sorry, I don’t have any suggestions about Airplay as I’ve never tried it.

to completely uninstall Devialet’s AIR driver

I tried something different:

• I completely uninstalled Roon
  • I disabled Gatekeeper (may not be necessary)
  • I reinstalled Roon
  • When Roon launched, I enabled 2 zones: Devialet AIR and Devialet Roon Air

And it worked! I can now play via Devialet Roon Air (although I cannot no longer play through Devialet AIR, which is not really an issue).

Glad you got it working!

I’d remove the Devialet Air Zone so it doesn’t cause conflicts with the Roon Air zone later on. In fact if you can I’d completely uninstall the Air driver if the Roon Air implementation works well.

I’d completely uninstall the Air driver

That’s what I’ve done, thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.