DietPi + Allo Web GUI: Now available

Hi Dan,

Bug report achieved and reference is a6133033-c905-4dff-86c0-67a66475692e.
Hope this will help solving.

Hi Phil,

Thanks.

Looks like incompatible bitrate (default is 16bit) with DAC:

shairport-sync.service - Shairport Sync - AirPlay Audio Receiver
   Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/shairport-sync.service; disabled; vendor preset: enabled)
   Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Wed 2018-12-05 22:50:52 GMT; 22h ago
  Process: 1055 ExecStart=/usr/local/bin/shairport-sync (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)
 Main PID: 1055 (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)

Dec 05 22:44:47 DietPi systemd[1]: Started Shairport Sync - AirPlay Audio Receiver.
Dec 05 22:44:48 DietPi shairport-sync[1055]: Successful Startup
Dec 05 22:50:52 DietPi shairport-sync[1055]: fatal error: audio_alsa: Sample format 3 not available for device "default": Invalid argument
Dec 05 22:50:52 DietPi systemd[1]: shairport-sync.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE
Dec 05 22:50:52 DietPi systemd[1]: shairport-sync.service: Unit entered failed state.
Dec 05 22:50:52 DietPi systemd[1]: shairport-sync.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.

IF you are using the Allo GUI, you can change this in the web interface. If not, simply run the command to change to S32 output:

sed -i '/output_format = "/c\output_format = "S32";' /usr/local/etc/shairport-sync.conf
dietpi-services restart
1 Like

Hi Dan

Perfect !

I was a bit doubtful… I saw 32 bits several times through software but DeqX is only communicating on 24 bits. And I think I unsuccessfully tested this setup with Allo Web distro. However, I installed back the DietPi distro 2 days ago and tested this parameter with success.

Thanks very much !

Hi Dan

I am about to acquire an Allo Digi One signature with the Allo + Dietpi. Can I check something please. I am planning to use it for Roon but also Spotify (plugin). If I also install the EQ plugin, will things work or will there be a conflict with Roon?
In other words, will Roon bypass the EQ Plugin without issue?
Thanks

@allo.com @rahulkc just attempted to purchase a usbridge from your website and when I added it to my cart I received this message: " 1. There is no stock available for this selection / item. Please choose something else, or come back soon to check availability."

Do you know when these are going to be back in stock? I am fairly certain that I am not going to go back to your site every day to see if I can make a purchase. I was really surprised I wasn’t asked if I wanted to be notified when they were back in stock.

Thanks,
Vince

End of this week.

How do I go about getting the lcd screen attached to show what is being played via Roon/Spotify/UPnP Player? Right now all I am seeing is boot screen.

Hi,

I have this image installed on Pi + Kali + Allo Piano 2.1.
Piano is setup in Dual Mono mode.
The volume is very low at 43%.
I increase it with Alsa via the master volume, but the behaviour is unpredictable.
Using the Roon remote volume control sometimes shuts of the right channel.
Also the sound quality is different , when for example alsa is at 43% and I increase the amp volume Vs I increase the volume via Roon remote.
Any thoughts, how can we increase the volume on alsa and store it permanently ?

Dan,

Will this work with the Raspberry Pi 4?

Bruce

I’m having trouble with logging in to the Allo GUI after updating to the latest DietPi build. No trouble before updating. The web page states “login failed” when entering the uid and password. Anyone else experiencing this problem?

Exactly same issue upgrading DietPi image from 6.18 to 6.26. I hope DietPi / Allo will release new ALLO web gui image soon. @allo.com @rahulkc_s ?

Can you please make sure you are adressing the correct IP Address? (Check your Routers DHCP-leases)
My Pi4 got a new address after update to 6.26 which caused me some confusion at first

Could be the problem, or part of the issue.
Something went wrong in the DietPi upgrade process from 6.18 to 6.26 (starting from Allo Web GUI image https://dietpi.com/downloads/images/DietPi_SparkySBC-ARMv7-Stretch_AlloGUI.7z ).

Result is “login failed” and Allo Web GUI unusable.
@rahulkc_s ?

I had same issue on DigiOne Player several months ago, then I give up Allo’s version and using image from DietPi directly. Of course I don’t have Web GUI anymore but I am OK with dietpi-config by SSH.

Yes, OK using dietpi-config (6.26) by SSH too, but no Web Gui (“login failed”) !

Thanks for the reply. The ip address is fixed, so it’s the right one. The log in page is correct, it’s the log in that fails.

Using SSH is OK, but not as convenient as Web UI.

Nothing but hassles here with anything after 6.18 … no net stats either now. this is on the Sparky SBC…sadly I dont have a RPI version for my kali/piano2.1. Same issue on my USBridge.

I upgraded from 6.18 to 6.26 using SSH into DietPi, I seem to recall reading somewhere that it was a better bet than using the Allo web GUI. Upgrade was successful, and the web GUI is still there and I can login. Given that the USBbridge product is no longer available, I think I will be sticking with 6.26 for as long as I can.

You could never update from the GUI…it always told you open ssh and run update on the dietpi-update command

Um - are you sure about that? I thought I had done just that a long while ago…