DietPi: creating a lean-and-mean Roon Bridge

@Dan_Knight - I should have been clearer. I am sure C2 runs fine with Jessie and your distribution. I said it before - I admire you for your efforts and have nothing but praise.

However, for HQPlayer NAA to run, we need Stretch or Xenial.

(@Henry_McLeod - please see below, it is a response to your post as well)

With RPi 2/3, C2 and BBB I applied dist-upgrade to Debian Stretch.

RPi seems stable, but I didn’t like the SQ.

C2 was not usable with Stretch, but I managed to get it to work with Ubuntu Xenial. It is great with a USB DAC and pretty much unusable with the HiFi Shield 2 (or I might have received a lemon). I am waiting for SoTM SMS-200 to compare, but doubt I’ll hear any difference. I hope I’m wrong.
As I mention in Odroid C2 HiFi Shield, DietPi and HQP NAA thread, I’m having stability issues with C2/NAA combination. It is most likely NAA problem - I am really using it in a fashion that was not intended/designed by the software author.

BBB - I did dist-upgrade, then installed miero's kernel and that was it.

I totally agree this was not a scientific test/experiment - far from it. Just my experience.

@Dan_Knight - I am not using my old BBB 2GB. It was having occasional clicks and skips with sound, although the dmesg didn’t show anything. If you’d like to use it for testing until you are ready to move on to a real device which you are sure won’t be with questionable performance/stability, I’d gladly donate it to you. Send me a PM if interested.