DietPi update 6.7 > 6.11 fails on Sparky/USBridge

Hi Dan,

I’ll try this at the weekend, little bit busy at the moment.

Thanks for your help.

1 Like

Hi @Dan_Knight,

Does this look right?

1 Like

Yep perfect. All systems go :slight_smile:

DietPi-Update and all DietPi programs should now function correctly.

EDIT: To help us resolve this for other users in patch, please can you paste results (one should provide the info we need, depending on version):

cat /var/lib/dietpi/.dietpi_image_version
cat /etc/.dietpi_image_version

Thanks for all your help Dan. Legend!

Er, is this what should happen?

Another question.

Can I update straight from 6.12 to 6.14?

My set up uses the Asus wireless adapter and as I understand it I will lose the wireless driver with 6.13.

The 155 entry is what we used previous to v6.x. Must of been left over from the image update procedure (no harm having it there).

This is the correct item. -1 simply means its the 1st batch of our 6.x images.

/var/lib/dietpi/.dietpi_image_version

If the WiFi module is currently working, it will also work during the update to v6.14.

Yesterday when logged into DietPi it was telling that there was an update available from 6.12 to 6.13. Today that message is gone, I tried a reboot but it is just the same.

Any ideas why?

Hi,

Appears to be working here, could be a network routing problem.

Please try manually running the update check

dietpi-update 2

You can then update via:

dietpi-update

Hey Mark,

6.14 is not out yet:
https://github.com/Fourdee/DietPi/blob/master/CHANGELOG.txt

When you mentioned Asus wireless adapter, Dan may not know which one you’re talking about, but he knows about the issue with the rtl8812au driver when updating to 6.13:

So if you update to 6.13 now, you’ll need to re-install the rtl8812au driver manually again… I would wait till 6.14 if I were you.

Thanks Sean, I was just checking to see if 6.14 was out yet, I couldn’t see it and then I saw your reply. I most definitely will wait.

Been having problems today when I rebooted the Sparky/USBridge it took four attempts to get the wireless to attach to my network. I don’t know why as it has been rock solid since I set it up.

1 Like

Fun…

Not :sob:

Note that I had to run these extra commands after upgrading to 6.13 to get timesync working again on two different DietPi devices (Allo and non). Glad this upgrade saga is behind me.

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the info and apologies for the issues.

We have a hotfix release planned for tomorrow (v6.14). This should resolve all outstanding NTP/sync issues for all images and versions (once updated).

2 Likes