Different Number of Albums When Viewing by Artist (ref#EH4PST)

Full form submission

What’s happening?

· Something else

How can we help?

· None of the above

Other options

·

Describe the issue

Please see the full description, with screenshots, at https://community.roonlabs.com/t/different-number-of-albums-when-viewing-by-artist/271691

Describe your network setup

Motorola MB7621 cable modem;

pfSense 23.0.5.1 running on a Protectli 4-port Vault, running pfBlocker NG firewall; Suricata IDS/IPS; Dynamic DNS; etc. All household devices have DHCP reservations (“static mapping”). I am not running a VPN. My Roon box communicates with the outer world via standard port forwarding. Suricata monitors for port scanning and shuts off scanning hosts when port scanning is detected;

Cisco Catalyst 2960G core switch; note that, although this is a fairly old switch (and I have a cold spare!), it is a high-end enterprise device that supports true IEEE 802.3ad 1 link aggregation. You will need at least a modern business class “managed” switch to support this if you choose to, and it requires some time to properly configure on the switch end as well as the NAS end.

All 1 Gbps certified CAT6 cabling;

Wireless is 2x Netgear WAX218, connected to the 2960G.

It is clear that if I set “Name for compilation sorting” to “Use Various Artists,” this problem goes away.

Hey @DDPS,

Thanks for writing in and sharing your experience. There’s a chance what you’re experiencing may be related to another issues we’re working on that deals with how Various artists are scanned and indexed. Do you see this issue with albums outside of various artists?

It would be good to get a copy of your current database for our QA team to investigate further. If you could, please upload a copy of your database.

1. Zip up your RoonBackups folder or a single backup, (right-click it and select “Compress…”):
  2. Submit the .zip file to us

https://workdrive.zohoexternal.com/collection/gnhz54df9ddffa33d49a3be8619bd6376a5de/external

Thanks!

I do not.

Will do.

@benjamin any updates since getting my database?

Hi @DDPS,

I do not have any updates to share at this time. Once our QA team has tested your database, I should have more information. I’ll follow up on the thread once that is complete! :+1:

1 Like

Thanks @benjamin. FWIW, today this happened in a couple of places when sorting by Album Title as well. I wound up merging the albums and it fixed the issue, at least insofar as those couple of titles were concerned. BUT I noticed that I don’t have the issue right now when sorting by Artist! Something fixed behind the scenes?

EDIT - to be fair - the two albums that I saw the issue on today had some inconsistent Album Artist info on a title where all Album Artist fields should have been “Various Artists.” That has been fixed.

So, everything seems fixed now? Fingers crossed…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.