Different sample rates used between Sooloos and Roon for same songs

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
QNAP Tx473 8GB Seagate 240GB SSD Roon database; 2 x 6TB Seagate HDD RAID 2 storage for music ; 1 x 6TBB Seagate HDD as separate backup vol.
NVidia GeForce GT 1030 graphics card.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
TP-Link Archer VR2800 router connected to Virgin Superhub set as modem mode.
All hardware is hardwired via Cat 6 and Cat 5e.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Meridian 210 streamer connected by coax digital cable to Cyrus 8XPD QX integrated amp/DAC (plus power amp and power supply) playing through B&W 805 speakers.
Also in parallel I have Meridian Sooloos system Control:15 in one zone and MC200 in the specific room concerned connected to above Cyrus amp via coax cable.

Description Of Issue
Problem: when I play a Song from a FLAC file of ripped CD on my Sooloos system the Cyrus amp displays it is playing at 88k sampling rate. If I play the same song from the same CD stored on my NAS drive via Roon the amp displays a sample rate of only 44.1k. If I swap the inputs on the amp, the Sooloos still displays 88k and Roon 44.1k

Why is this, is it a genuine phenomenon or should I ignore the display?

The max sample rate on the Roon / Meridian 210 setting is 96k in line with the amp spec.
Anyone know whether I need to change any other settings?

I have only just changed from wireless to wired connection on the 210, but the sample rate is unchanged.

Hi @David_Allen,

The Sooloos system is upsampling (with an apodizing filter) the 44k1 rip to 88k2 … Roon is not.

However, if you wish, Roon can also upsample (and a lot more to boot ) … enable Roon’s DSP engine … and configure to do so.

If you look at signal path in Roon it’s very informative and details what’s happening.

Regards
Carl

1 Like

Great - thanks Carl. I’ve only been running the system a couple of days so still discovering where these functions are buried. Found it on the little speaker ikon bottom rh corner. I can now play around with it - cheers!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.