Digione signature

(johan ) #1

A new DigiOne (signature) is coming soon

Improvements

1 Clocks are changed to NDK SDA (lower jitter)
2. All important bypass capacitors are now film
3. 2 power inputs , one for “dirty side” and one for “clean side” . Dirty side input is 5V (2.5A for RPI) and clean side 5-18V (75ma) allowing even batteries to be used
4. Clean side has now a supercap for plenty of power on board.

Let me know if you have questions

(John) #2

I wish I knew about this before as only bought a Digione last month :cry:

(johan ) #3

The 2 units are not at the same price point.

DigiOne signature is more expensive , will release all info sometimes this week/beginning of next week

(John) #4

What, the signature is cheaper - beauty I’ll have 2 :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Johan, I wasn’t trying to have in my previous post, just being silly. Appreciate the new Signature will be a step-up both in SQ & costing (off course they both go hand-in-hand).

Looking forward to seeing the info :+1:

And a USBridge Signature at some point?

(Roel) #6

That looks good. I can’t wait to read how the performance will be compared to the ‘normal’ DigiOne.

A trade in program or a discount for existing DigiOne owners would be nice. :sunglasses:

(Tony) #7

Hi,

with regard to the lower jitter clocks, what measurable improvement does this make to the jitter on the USB output data? I thought this was already very low to start with?

(Daniel Beyer) #8

+1

/10char

(Sean) #9

The DigiOne is SPDIF output only - BNC and RCA digital coax.

(Tony) #10

Correct, that will teach me to post just before bedtime (and I do have a Digione too)! @allo.com The question still stands, with regard to the lower jitter clocks, what measurable improvement does this make to the jitter on the SPDIF output data? I thought this was already very low to start with?

(Sean) #11

Yup it was already low but lower is always nice too :slightly_smiling_face:

This might be more important with an SPDIF source than USB - unless you have an Ayre QX-5 Twenty: “Ayre has a patent-pending method to create an asynchronous S/PDIF input stage that works with any audio transport and doesn’t require a proprietary system with an extra clock signal.”

(Tony) #12

So if your SPDIF receiver is asynchronous (ie the data is buffered then clocked out using the receivers clock), the source jitter is irrelevant?

(Sean) #13

It would vary DAC to DAC I guess. Probably a discussion to be had with your DAC’s designer.

(Tony) #14

Just trying to work out what to upgrade to improve things. Currently, Digione feeds a Chord Mojo and I understood that Chord DACs were asynchronous and therefore immune to expected jitter levels. No point improving the source jitter under these circumstances.

(Sean) #15

Understood. It would be very easy to be happy with the original DigiOne, especially with Rob Watt’s DPLL code for jitter reduction.

(johan ) #16

We are measuring less than 400fs of jitter on the buffer.

However every noise measured on the system has come down. Every buffer , flip flop noise is now measured in uV instead of mV.

I am very confident that in most systems you will hear a difference.

Also note that now DigiOne is made out of 2 boards , one is for “dirty side” and one for “clean side”. In fact we increase the size of the PCB about 220%

With all the extra space we were able to add lots of capacitance, filters etc that make the noise in every rail to decrease . (in some cases dramatically )

At last , using batteries you are making the “clean side” galvanically isolated from the mains. That can make big difference for some systems

(Patatorz) #17

Does it mean that the former case “acrylic” would not fit anymore ?

(johan ) #18

Old acrylic/alu casing will not fit unfortunately.

We are working on being able to change only the mid layer on alu case…will post more info as they come

(Xen Mak) #19

any AES output option?

(johan ) #20

Only BNC and Coaxial