Digione signature

What are the battery options?

Anything under 28V can feed the clean side

Thanks. But I need a bit more of an idea as to how one would use a battery with the DiGiOne.

Hi Johan

I’ve been using a battery pack (5V, 2A) for the USBridge feedling Sparky. I felt it to be better than even an Ifi Ipower. But not all battery packs sound the same. I use a Xiaomi Power Bank Pro. The DC cable is Canare 4S6. I suggest that you ask your team to try it. The battery pack is available in Xiaomi stores in India.

1 Like

As others wrote, an upgrade programme for existing Allo DigiOne users would be marvellous. I certainly would be very tempted. Otherwise I simply stick with my “legacy” DigiOne, and wait for more developments/progress in the field — with Allo and elsewhere. So, Allo, give yourself a push and lock existing customers in… :wink:

Hi Timo

we are thinking about an upgrade program . Still , please understand that unlike other audio manufacturers that have inflated pricing , DigiOne does not. Its more difficult to offer upgrade programs when pricing is aligned with bill of materials.

We are talking internally to see how its possible but I cannot promise anything.

1 Like

Thanks for your response Johan. I totally understand – you have to look at your numbers carefully to establish whether an upgrade programme works with your business model. I certainly appreciated the affordable price of the DigiOne player. I didn’t need a DigiOne – I have a decent streamer (Naim ND5XS). But I wanted to play around/experiment with different software solutions. I guess to establish whether I could do without my current streamer… For this I couldn’t justify the expense of a microrendu or something similar. So I guess your approach to price elasticity brought me to Allo… :grin:

1 Like

Connected to clean side USB type C (with an adapter)

Timo , we will reach a decision by tomorrow

Hi TImo

we decided that we will honor 10% off for anyone that is reading this

use ROON10

DigiOne Signature now released.

2 Likes

Thank you. That is a very nice discount. Now i am really, really, really tempted to replace my digione :wink:

Disclaimer: you can read the above as: you will receive my order within a few days.

Great, lets see what you have to say once received…

Thanks Johan — does the discount code expire?

We will review it every month (so its valid one month at least)

Thanks Johan. Just placed my order.

I have also placed my order. I am very curious what the improvement will be over the standard digione.

1 Like

Any case available for the signature ?

It seems that only the acryllic case is available at the moment.

Well I have the digione signature playing for a couple of days and I can say I am impressed. I use the Allo PSU to power the Pi and a sbooster for the DigiOne. It has all the upsides of the DigiOne but on a higher level. In my setup I really liked the clean sound and presentation the DigiOne brought me. The DigiOne signature adds the same but with more realism and a more lively image (more depth and a wider stage). Considering the little difference in price it really is a no-brainer when you are considering a streamer. I replaced a Lumin D1 because it sounded on the same level (digital out) as the DigiOne, but the signature really takes it up a notch.

I am very tempted to take the DigiOne signature to work and compare it to an Auralic Aries G1/G2 and the Lumin U1. I think it might easily perform on the level of the G1.

Thx you very much. We appreciate it.

Yes DigiOne signature is better. Try battery power and tell us if you see any changes

1 Like

Always the best test of output isolation. I like the confidence :grin:

Sounds like I might need to upgrade my old man’s (dad) original DigiOne.